Australia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I think my question is very simple, but I'm having trouble getting a straight answer on it from official contact centre, official website, forums, etc.

My fiance and I are looking at a PMV, with a view to marrying and living in Australia. What I can't figure out, is whether after we're married we'll need to apply for a Partner Visa - more particularly whether we'll need to pay again - before getting permanent residence.

Can someone throw me a clue?? Ideally backed up either by an official link or, failing that, personal experience.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Yes; however, the amount you pay is greatly reduced. $1145.

Look for "Partner (Subclass 820/801) visa application by Prospective Marriage (Subclass 300) visa holder" here on the immi.gov.au Visa Fees and Charges page (go to Live, then Partner Migration): Fees and charges for visas

·
Registered
332 Posts
Also - you don't go straight to permanent residence after PMV. You pay $1145 to apply for the onshore temporary partner visa, subclass 820. Then, two years after you apply for that, you're eligible to apply for the permanent partner visa, subclass 801. If the 801 is approved, then you're a permanent resident. There is no additional fee for the 801 after the 820.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts