Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I received a ban in 2012 for 3 years. I'd worked briefly on an ETA. I wish to return to visit family there. But what visa do I need and will it still be difficult to enter? Was told this would be the case at the airport when I was refused re-entry.

Thanks for any help :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I applied for the eVisitor, was quickly accepted. Just heard it could still prove very difficult at the airport over there. Not keen on going all that way and being turned around. Plus the cost.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Late? 6 hours after you asked....

ETA - very easy to get turned round at the port of entry.
Visitor visa - still a chance of being turned round however your case will have been assessed on its merits and thus the officers at the port may not be as concerned.

Answers are sometimes lost in friendly replys it's easier to state answers - especially when English may not be the readers first language. Sarcasm on the other hand turns backs up. Good day.

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Some confusion might arise when people think the ETA is a Visitor Visa, while others think it isn't.

Immigration do list it as a Visitor Visa.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
It is impossible to answer your question or to give you the re-assurance you are after.You have broken visa conditions previously and been subject to an exclusion period. That will be on the record. It may or may not cause problems on arrival.

I'd say make sure that you will be able to convince the border people that you are a "genuine visitor" this time and take your chances. That's all you can do.

You don't reveal who's "told" you stuff and where you "heard" it could be difficult, so it's hard to comment further.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.