Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm going to apply for 476 visa which I have the basic requirements for. My age is around the border limit so I emailed immi to ask about the deadline. Their reply was simply glossing over the question!!!

Applicant for this visa must be under 31 years of age at the time of lodging. Would anybody please make it clear with an example?!!!

Please consider a person who was born on 5th. Oct 1981, when is the last day for him to apply? Some say 5th. Oct 2011 is the last day, but others say it is 5th. Oct 2012:confused:
Is there anyone who knows any clarifying reference on the subject?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
It's a pretty simple situation for until you turn 31 you are under 31.
Some one born 05 October 1981 turns 31 on 05 October 2012
So an application received on 04 October 2012 would have the applicant still 30 and that's under 31.
Date of lodging is also when Immi receive an application and not when you actually post an application so allowance needs to be made for that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Wanderer believe me I just registered in this site yesterday but I did felt that you're the one answering my question...:)

can I request for a reference? I was not able to find anything on the web about it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It might be a little strange for you hearing me insisting on age subject too much. This is an everlasting discussion we've always have with some of our female friends, so this obvious fact that affects my future life unbelievably has made me dizzy.
Thank you so much, I'm a little calmer after 2-3 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.