Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi basic quick question.
Seen some migration agent say age is not a matter in pmv if a real relationship and others say it will matter .anyone out there can share their experience? Age gap of 42 to 20

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
They take into consideration the age gap and the local customs etc when looking at it, but age along is not something they can/should reject on. It would be that there is not enough evidence or maybe it isn't culturally acceptable etc. There are some countries where it is expected that they will have kids so if the woman is the older one she may not be able to have kids and this may be a concern to the case officer.

Alot depends on where the applicant is from and your evidence.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
I don't know enough about the Philippines but from what I know it is pretty common to see an older man and younger woman (you didn't say who is older).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes i am 42 the male and she is 20.
And from what i know its very common.
We have evidence. A years worth of chat every day all day plus holidays together. Photo with her family
Hard to know how much to submit.
Chat history would be 1000 pages.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Yes i am 42 the male and she is 20.
And from what i know its very common.
We have evidence. A years worth of chat every day all day plus holidays together. Photo with her family
Hard to know how much to submit.
Chat history would be 1000 pages.
Why don't you consult a migration agent ? It's worth doing it

Reactions: Mish

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
Age difference is not a partner visa criterion, so the minister cannot refuse a partner visa on age difference.

Partner visas can be refused on 'genuine relationship' grounds and often are.

Chat history is of little value, except as evidence of how you kept in touch during periods of separation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Age difference is not a partner visa criterion, so the minister cannot refuse a partner visa on age difference.

Partner visas can be refused on 'genuine relationship' grounds and often are.

Chat history is of little value, except as evidence of how you kept in touch during periods of separation.
What are most of value besides chat history
I have plans ticket fairs. Pictures with family and statements from her family over there. I am lacking in Australian statements as she has not been here and my family has not met her yet.

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
I have plans ticket fairs. Pictures with family and statements from her family over there. I am lacking in Australian statements as she has not been here and my family has not met her yet.
There is a (somewhat misleading) document checklist on the Australian embassy website, Manila.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
They don't have to have met her to do the statement but they need to be aware of the relationship.

My husband (then fiance) could not get a tourist visa to Australia but my friends and family still wrote statements.

You can get a migration agent to go over your evidence if you can't afford to get one for the full application.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Any proof of joint travel, eg: flights for both to Boracay or similar.
Hotel bookings with both name on reservations.

Form 888's from Australian family that are aware of the relationship, and are accepting of it, even if not met yet. Just need to get the wording right.

We did two photos of us both, with her family. I only met them the once.

Various photos of just the two of us in different locations in the Philippines, at different times. Proof of constant relationship.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.