Australia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I would like a bit of advice please:

Our son will be 16 when we make the move to Australia (Western).

At what age can he leave school and find a job? Is it compulsory to leave and go to College or find an apprenticeship?

He really hates school but he tries hard and is very well behaved and liked.

I understand fees for Tafe are in the thousands but do they expect a teenager under 18 to pay for a course at this expense? We do not have extra thousands of pounds!!

He is really keen to just find a job as he would have done his final exams and left school by the time we leave the UK.

Many thanks for any advice.

Xx

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi everyone,

At what age can he leave school and find a job? Is it compulsory to leave and go to College or find an apprenticeship?

I understand fees for Tafe are in the thousands but do they expect a teenager under 18 to pay for a course at this expense? We do not have extra thousands of pounds!!

He is really keen to just find a job as he would have done his final exams and left school by the time we leave the UK.

Xx
This may help?

Frequently asked questions - Participation - The Department of Education

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi everyone,

Xx
Age in education does not really matter, so long as you have the heart to learn, I know for sure you will succeed!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts