Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! My son and his partner just had their premanent residency in Tasmanina few days ago. They have been living and working lawfully in Tasmania, australia for the past 2 years and more. He is my only son and I also have a daughter living in the US. My friend said my son is not yet qualified or eligible to sponsor me. He has to stay and work for 2 years more before he can sponsor me. I need to know because I plan to apply for aged parent visa as I am 65 years old . Is this correct ? that my son need to stay for 2 years more under the Permanent Residency visa before he could sponsor me???

please help me with this.

·
Super Moderator
2,134 Posts
Hi! My son and his partner just had their premanent residency in Tasmanina few days ago. They have been living and working lawfully in Tasmania, australia for the past 2 years and more. He is my only son and I also have a daughter living in the US. My friend said my son is not yet qualified or eligible to sponsor me. He has to stay and work for 2 years more before he can sponsor me. I need to know because I plan to apply for aged parent visa as I am 65 years old . Is this correct ? that my son need to stay for 2 years more under the Permanent Residency visa before he could sponsor me???

please help me with this.
All the answers are on this link:
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/brin/pare
In short if he has been here lawfully for more than 2 years and you meet all the other requirements he can sponsor you.
Are you aware that the current waiting time for an Aged Parent Visa , Sub class 804 is around 30 YEARS!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Look at a contributory parent 143 visa. It's expensive, but you will get it in about 3 years - currently. You can still visit and there are ways around staying down there whilst you wait your application through.
I have 2 children in Tasmania and have been waiting for 32 months now and I am told I will be going for medicals and police check to finalise it all next month. So fingers crossed.
If 50% of your children live and reside with a permanent visa in Australia, then you can emigrate as a parent.
It has been a long old haul for my wife and I. But it is going to be so worth it. We can't wait to move down there and be with the kids.
I would recommend going through an agent as I have done. You then know that everything is as the Australian authorities want it and they keep an eye on the process for you. If you are in the UK I can recommend someone to you if you wish.
Good look and I hoe you get reunited with your son soon.
Robert

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.