Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently got the PR to AUS. In my family I;m the only child and my father has passed away. It is me and my loving mom who is reaching her late 60's next year.

She was both father and mother to me when I lost my father. Leaving her and applying parent visa will not workout in my situation.

Anybody have a suggestion what I can do? ? :confused:.
i.e taking her visitor visa to AUS and then requesting an asylum, consequences of keeping her without extending the visa and etc

Waiting for a helpful reply.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Doing something like you intend may be seen as an attempt to manipulate the regulations and the last thing anyone ought to suggest is that you consider her staying illegally.
You could look at the Remaining Relative visa within the family stream to see if that may be a better approach but you still may need to be in Australia first and be settled so it would seem there will be some period your mother needs to be separated from you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

I recently got the PR to AUS. In my family I;m the only child and my father has passed away. It is me and my loving mom who is reaching her late 60's next year.

She was both father and mother to me when I lost my father. Leaving her and applying parent visa will not workout in my situation.

Anybody have a suggestion what I can do? ? :confused:.
i.e taking her visitor visa to AUS and then requesting an asylum, consequences of keeping her without extending the visa and etc

Waiting for a helpful reply.
You can apply to the contributory visa, will take you a lot of time to save the money, but I think your mother worth it.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Cyna, this thread is over 3 years old so the OP has undoubtedly resolved their visa issue and in fact hasn't visited the forum in over 3 years. Posting suggestions on such old threads isn't generally useful and can be confusing if people don't realise the dates of earlier posts.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Yep, closing this thread since the aged parent visa is about to be abolished anyway. :(

Reactions: Dinkum
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.