Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there, me Nicky (german, nearly 32 on WHV) and my boyfriend (aussie) choose (sooner or later) to apply for a partner visa after 5month of relation ship. Now we're asking ourselfs if a Agency is nescassary. Sure, we need help somehow, and there are questions left where we couldn't find an answere yet. But there must be a solution. We got told to don't ask the home affairs department or embassy because they aren't able to help decently. We would take an angancy for a last approval we guess before we send the application but we dont think I need the whole 4ts/$ consultant package. We want to know what it is about and don't give it to someone else without having a idea what's going on in the background, we want to know about our rights and rules. What would you recommend? I thought to just start at immiaccount step by step and get into it, sure it's hard but there is a reason for it to struggle. What do you think? Would be more than happy to get some input of you guys! Cheers and a nice day to all of you! Nicky

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
You are aware of the criteria for a partner visa?

As I would question the amount of evidence you have in 5 months.

Is your relationship registered or are you married? The whole 12 month thing comes into play.

A sticky with the agents that are well known here's contact details an be found at the top of the main forum

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello! Thank you for your fast respons! Well, I read about the proof of 12month. And I heard we have to "make it official", but what does it mean? Obviously we are not able to give a proof about that 12month time yet (but we had restaurant bookings and holidays together plenty of pictures and messagesfor sure, I know this won't we enough)... he is at home while I continue travelling, he told me to follow my travelplans/dream and after we will start a proper relationship/living together. I knew he want the opposite but I left because he was right, I had a dream. He visited me on my journery around OZ the last month and I came back to him two times. I have to leave in August and now we are afraid we wont get the chance to be together, so we thought about 820. I'll go back to him in +/- 10weeks and from then we'll stay togehter until I have to leave... the first idea was go study and while that preparing for the partner visa. Should we go back to that even it's not what we want?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I go back to him we want to register and apply. Now we try to get the informations and an idea what it means to start the hole thing.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Time spent dating does not count towards time as a defacto couple.

I strongly suggest you contact an MARA registered migration agent for help in preparing an application, assuming it's even possible in your circumstances, which I have major doubts.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You have lots to learn, currently you are heading for a disaster from what you have posted.

That said if you do your homework and don't rush you can turn it around.

Evidence in the 4 categories is key.

As far as using an agent, it will depend on how much effort you put in. Partner Visa's with no underlying problems can be a DYI. But there are some services that some RMA's offer that can be good insurance such as a review of your application prior to lodgement (around $600 for one RMA). So you have less costly options.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I know, this is why I'm here. And I'm willing to work it out. We know what we want but we don't know how to start and who to ask...I do have contact to an certificated agent which is very kind but I thought I'd be able to do something by myself or at least big part of it. If I should avoid asking the once (gov.) who decide it will be hard...

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I almost always recommend Partner Visa applicants do research first to get a basic understanding before doing an initial consultation with a Registered Migration Agent (RMA).

A good place to start is to read the "Partner Migration Booklet" it can be found on the departments website.

A good thing to also start with is to find the earliest date documented that proves your in a relationship.

Please also stop using the terms boyfriend and girlfriend, for migration purposes they are your partner.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok good to know that, thank you very much! My partner and I will go into the booklet asap. I'm glad you give me some reccomendations and critic, thank you!

·
Registered
33 Posts
If I were you I would do the 3 months farm work (which you still have time to complete before august) and apply for a second year WHV. During that year you live together and build your partner visa case with substantial evidence and when the year is close to being over you apply for the partner visa. The partner visa is expensive and it looks like you are heading into a massive heartache from what you are describing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I revise my answer seeing now that you are turning 32. Maybe look at student visa or if you have a highly sought after skill for a skilled migration visa. Either way like written above book in with an RMA to discuss options.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Just remember the partner visa booklet although useful to get an overview is now outdated.

If you take up a student visa you will be bound by its conditions until the visa expires or your 820 is granted. You can not cancel the visa to get the rights that come with a bridging visa. - this goes for all visas.

If you have a skill that's sought that would be a quicker, easier and cheaper option..

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
That booklet seems a bit hard to find today, so take a copy of this.

http://www.victimsservices.justice.nsw.gov.au/Documents/tp_report_partner-migration.pdf

This booklet is sort of out dated, so maybe immi are updating it?? I just could not find it on their website.

I will also let you know that my opinion is it will take you (once you start) 2-3 months of solid effort to put together a good application, but I have a feeling some evidence will be lacking that will delay your application being submitted. The other poster Mania seems to agree.

What state does your partner live?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes that's the problem "too old". But I'm going for the 88days right now anyway, just in case they change the law as planned for 01/2017. It's just that I don't relie on it so I have to find another way. Yes...study might be a good way to have time to proof and prepair and there some courses I'm really interested in. My partner is living very secluded, if I want to study I have to live in the city, because it must be a fulltime course, this might be a problem in case of the evidences even if we are registered I guess. Time to do more homework 🙂

·
Registered
841 Posts
I got our visa without an agent. but for context I spent 6 months researching what visa to go for and then 4 months filling in the forms.
you don't need one but if you don't go for one be prepared for a steep learning curve and lots of down time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Agent yes or no?

Hmmm, I wont be able to go back to QLD that soon as I just left because I got a job where I get a fair bit of money + the rest of my 88days which we will (maybe) need...I'm in WA now🙈

I read we could do it via mail/online but to register they need a proofed copy of my ID... to be honest I can't picture how this will work yet.

I understand that it is not impossible which means a lot to me, but you suggest we should get professional help if I got it right.

I read that it might take 4month when we take an agency.

Thank u for sharing your experiences and opinion. It's good to listen/talk to people with the same "issue".

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Thank u for sharing your experiences and opinion. It's good to listen/talk to people with the same "issue".
Glad you found this place. Lots of helpful people here.

Reactions: NickynJulien
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.