Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was an announcement to cabin crew of a large Kong Hong based airline today that there will be no 13th pay check this year (well for many and others it is capped).

It seems crew are planning to show their disgust - some calling for strike action and others are feeling sick on periods around Christmas and Chinese New Year.

These persons have not been happy for some time and due to the companies bad fuel hedging bet - they have been loosing conditions for some time now.

If you have urgent travel over these periods, check on your airline and where it is based.

·
Registered
918 Posts
There was an announcement to cabin crew of a large Kong Hong based airline today that there will be no 13th pay check this year (well for many and others it is capped).

It seems crew are planning to show their disgust - some calling for strike action and others are feeling sick on periods around Christmas and Chinese New Year.

These persons have not been happy for some time and due to the companies bad fuel hedging bet - they have been loosing conditions for some time now.

If you have urgent travel over these periods, check on your airline and where it is based.
Thanks for the heads up!!

"Others are feeling sick on periods around Christmas and Chinese New Year" hahaha :D

I'm flying to Beijing from Europe mid January and then a few days later back to Australia from there so I hope the crew assigned to my flight feel sick another time and not during my travels!

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think it will be a strike, seems more a flu epidemic looming.

So will be flight cancelations (or changes).

·
Registered
918 Posts
Can I request a private jet as compensation?
You are welcome to use my AN2, it is private but not a jet.

(uses similar amount of fuel thou)
You're too kind, I'll call you if my flight is cancelled then ;)

To repay your kindness, I'll give you full use of my horse, she's not great at swimming so I'm hoping your intended travels are not overseas :D

Might take more time to reach your destination than other transportation means but fuel costs are minimal ;)

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My dad (and mom) was a jockey (and trainer) - So I don't ride horses.

I can say we gave up flying it from Bulgaria to Australia at around $100,000 and that did not include the required bribes or oil @ up to 10 lts per hour.

But looking back it would have been a fun adventure - and cheaper than a wife with kids.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.