Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

My name is Popescu Mircea and I am a Romanian citizen currently in Australia.
I really need your help with my situation as so far I have received many conflictual advices and I am not sure about anything anymore.
My intention is to obtain PR in Australia as an Early Childhood Teacher or Secondary School Teacher.

I have an Bachelor Degree in Political Science from West University of Timisoara. So far I thought this degree is not very useful when it comes to migration, but recently I discovered that AITSL may be a good option for me.

After I read their booklet I understand that in order to get a positive skill assessment I need to have 4 years of higher education, but not necessarily 4 years of higher education in teaching.

Total education should be four years – this can be made of a 3 year bachelors degree (non-teaching may also suffice) PLUS a 1 year formal teaching certificate which gives full teaching licence in that country. Or, an applicant could have done a 4 year bachelors of education schools teaching degree.

I know about the 45 days supervised teaching practice and the language requirements.

My first big question is:
Given the fact that I already have a 3 years bachelor degree (although not related to education), I intend to study a Graduate Diploma in Education (1 year) in Australia. Would this be enough to pass the Education Requirement with AITSL? I contacted a university, but they told me that GDE will not allow me to teach in Australia and I need to follow a Master of Teaching. I know that teaching and getting a positive assessment from AITSL are 2 different things, but their answer confused me even more. I dont want to waste time and money for a GDE which wont help me to migrate.

My second big question is:
Even if I get a positive assessment from AITSL, this wont bring me any points for 189 visa, only the Bachelor Degree would bring me the points. My curiosity is:How many points will Home Affairs give for Qualifications on a non-Ed related Bachelors Degree + Post Graduate diploma in teaching. The political science degree is not resulting in any occupation from MTSL. Is it possible to get a possitive assessment, but not being able to receive points but the degree that will contribute to that assessment?

It would be amazing to get an advice from you and of course I would greatly appreciate if you can give me an answer to my questions.

Kind Regards,

Popescu Mircea

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
The points for education are explained in Schedule 6D of the Migration Regulations (1994). The qualifications and supervised teaching you need are explained on the AITSL website. The required English Proficiency is also explained on the AITSL website. If you need help in explaining these and bringing everything together for a strategy to apply for a Permanent Visa it would be a good idea to consult with an expert Registered Migration Agent. There are four regular agents on this site. They can all give you good professional advice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have checked the AITSL booklet, but they make it very difficult to be sure of anything.
Lets say that I finish the Graduate Diploma in Education in Australia (1 year) and I get the positive assessment from AITSL.
Will this bring me 5 point (australian study requirement) +15 points (for the Bachelor Degree used to obtain the positive assessment from AITSL)?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.