Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening, everyone~
I am doing my last year of Bachelor of Early Childhood Teaching. This is a 4-year bachelor degree but my study path is from Cer 3 + Diploma + 3 years bachelor (in the same school).
My question is whether I can be eligible to wave the IELTS requirement in terms of the English requirement?
I have sent Email to AITSL and the officer replied that s/he cannot give me the answer unless I hand in the application.
I did put up this question to my course leader who participates in AITSL organisation. She replied that I will be eligible because this is a 4-year bachelor course no matter I got accreditation from my diploma.
But I am still worried because if I hand in the application and got rejected, I cannot request the waving of English in my next application. I am not sure whether I should take the risk or not...
I have questioned several immi agent lawyer. Some of them said yes, some of them said no, and the others said maybe....
any ideas?
TIA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Steve
Thank you for reminding me that ~
I am currently studying in Holmesglen in Melbourne in a Bachelor course. The skill assessment is based on the national organisation AITSL~ so it is nothing to do with the state.
I am not worried about the VIT (registration of being a teacher) because I know I am eligible once I graduate.
That's the skill assessment from AITSL that drives me nuts at the moment.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Catherine,
Any update on how you went?
From what I understand, your study should be counted as completing the English requirement.

Also, how long did it take for the skill assessment?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
It's supposed to take no more than 10 weeks. However, the skills assessment took 19 weeks for me. Make sure you send them the decorative Bachelor degree certificate, even though they do not state it as a requirement. I did not send mine, just sent my bachelor degree paperwork, my transcripts (again showing my bachelor degree) and all my letters of employment verification and diploma supplement from my University. They waited 6 weeks, then asked me for the decorative Bachelor degree. I had to order a new one from my university (took 2 weeks). That is why they say mine took 19 weeks, instead of 10 weeks. Even if you add the 2 weeks, it shouldn't have taken more than 12 weeks. So plan for double the time they state, just in case.

And to answer the original post, even though it's old, no, proof of English won't be required as the degree is being completed in Australia. Additionally, it doesn't matter if it was a 4 year bachelor, as long as the entire bachelor and teacher education program is completed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.