Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello experts,

I have a Diploma in Business Management certificate from Sydney which was a one year course. After completing my degree, I also have worked part time in a hotel as an Assistant Business Manager in Melbourne, which I think is relevant to a Hotel and Motel Manager (141311) occupation from CSOL. After my visa had expired, I returned to my motherland and started working as a Hotel manager in India. I have worked in 2 Hotels here- one was from June 2016 to February 2017 and another one from February 2017 onwards. My total points are 60 after counting for my age, experience, diploma & IELTS (including 5 points for 190). Which makes me eligible for 190 VISA right?

Also, I need an experience certificate from my previous workplace, and fortunately, they are happy to provide it on their letter pad. However, my ex-boss have asked me for the format, and I can not find one. Could someone pls help me out with an experience certificate sample format, which meets VETASSESS standards. Moreover, I used to get paid in cash at my previous workplace and do not have any payslips, will that be an issue?

Do you think I have good chances to pass my skill assessment from VETASSESS?

Thank you for reading,
TD.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello experts,

I have a Diploma in Business Management certificate from Sydney which was a one year course. After completing my degree, I also have worked part time in a hotel as an Assistant Business Manager in Melbourne, which I think is relevant to a Hotel and Motel Manager (141311) occupation from CSOL. After my visa had expired, I returned to my motherland and started working as a Hotel manager in India. I have worked in 2 Hotels here- one was from June 2016 to February 2017 and another one from February 2017 onwards. My total points are 60 after counting for my age, experience, diploma & IELTS (including 5 points for 190). Which makes me eligible for 190 VISA right?

Also, I need an experience certificate from my previous workplace, and fortunately, they are happy to provide it on their letter pad. However, my ex-boss have asked me for the format, and I can not find one. Could someone pls help me out with an experience certificate sample format, which meets VETASSESS standards. Moreover, I used to get paid in cash at my previous workplace and do not have any payslips, will that be an issue?

Do you think I have good chances to pass my skill assessment from VETASSESS?

Thank you for reading,
TD.
Just get these details mentioned in the letter

the employer's name,
the period of employment,
the position held,
the main tasks you did while you were working for them
and hours of work.
Also mention if it was full time or part time

The name , designation , phone number and email I'd of the person signing the letter should also be mentioned

If you have listed more than one position or job on your application form, attach a cover sheet to the relevant employment documents which states the position to which the documents relate.

Even if you were paid in cash, for accounting purposes, a salary slip would have been generated by the company to show the calculation on how much you have to be paid

Ask your company to generate that slip and give you a copy for each month you worked

You can submit any of these 4 documents as supporting proof

payslips
payment summaries for taxation
taxation records of assessment which show the company name
superannuation records.

But it looks like monthly payslips is the easiest way for you unless you have filed income tax returns and have the necessary paperwork

You don't need an MARA agent for such a simple application

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just get these details mentioned in the letter

the employer's name,
the period of employment,
the position held,
the main tasks you did while you were working for them
and hours of work.
Also mention if it was full time or part time

The name , designation , phone number and email I'd of the person signing the letter should also be mentioned

If you have listed more than one position or job on your application form, attach a cover sheet to the relevant employment documents which states the position to which the documents relate.

Even if you were paid in cash, for accounting purposes, a salary slip would have been generated by the company to show the calculation on how much you have to be paid

Ask your company to generate that slip and give you a copy for each month you worked

You can submit any of these 4 documents as supporting proof

payslips
payment summaries for taxation
taxation records of assessment which show the company name
superannuation records.

But it looks like monthly payslips is the easiest way for you unless you have filed income tax returns and have the necessary paperwork

You don't need an MARA agent for such a simple application

Cheers
Thank you so much. Your response is much better than the five-star members in here. I have asked for a sample format, and at least you gave me the guidelines of what it should involve. I gues the other two are money minded.

Also, the problem is the hotel is not that big and they don't bother with giving payslips and things. I will still ask for it but what if they don't give payslips?

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
It would be in your best interest to speak to a migration agent.

I am not a migration agent, but IMO a business diploma is not closely related to the hospitality industry, a degree in hospitality management would be. Also the occupation you are going for is a manager not an ASSISTANT manager, therefore I believe that if you role is not a manager it will not be counted.

From VETASSESS website:

A highly relevant field of study would be Hospitality Management, which is the study of managing the operations of organisations which provide hospitality services (ASCED).

Tourism/Events Management Studies without relevant subjects in Hospitality/Hotel Management would not usually be considered positively for this occupation.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Your response is much better than the five-star members in here.
The advice was hopelessy incorrect.

I gues the other two are money minded.
Nobody asked you for money. You might have been asked for a small consultation fee after a free preliminary assessment, if a detailed review of documents was needed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The advice was hopelessy incorrect.

Nobody asked you for money. You might have been asked for a small consultation fee after a free preliminary assessment, if a detailed review of documents was needed.
Okay Yeah sure. But is there no one here that can help me with that sample experience letter?

Becuase instead of helping, I see you guys are just interested in me finding a "registered" migration agent to assist me with my visa. Indeed, I will be looking for one myself once I am close to apply. Right now all I need is an experience certificate sample. Anyway, Sorry if this sounded offensive.

Is there any good agent in Melbourne that you recommend? I was looking at acacia.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I am not a migration agent, but IMO a business diploma is not closely related to the hospitality industry, a degree in hospitality management would be. Also the occupation you are going for is a manager not an ASSISTANT manager, therefore I believe that if you role is not a manager it will not be counted.

From VETASSESS website:
Oh, this sounds like bad news. I was assistant manager only when I was in Melbourne working part time. Now I am a Hotel Manager.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
Oh, this sounds like bad news. I was assistant manager only when I was in Melbourne working part time. Now I am a Hotel Manager.
That is why a registered migration agent is recommended for a consult as they can go through all these things and see if you would be eligible.

You don't need one based in Melbourne as they all do Skype consults these days.

There are about 4 migration agents on this forum that can help.

The experience letter is the least of your problems at this stage, the first is to make sure you qualify and then you can go from there.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
The experience letter is the least of your problems at this stage, the first is to make sure you qualify and then you can go from there.
Precisely!

From what has been posted, the OP's prospects do not look promising, but I could be wrong. There is a first time for everything.

I sometimes wonder why I continue warning people about taking course selection advice from course providers or 'education agents' or resorting to DIY.

Some students expect free advice, because their education agent did not bill them (some do) but they receive commissions ranging from 10% of the course fees to 40%. As a rule, the less reputable the course provider, the higher the commission.

·
Registered
80 Posts

From VETASSESS website:
This is the advice that should have been given in the first place

From what I see, in most cases a few members standard reply is that they should consult a MARA agent (which they themselves are.) instead of giving advice

The idea of writing on these forums is to get a basic idea of where the applicant is standing vis a vis the immigration rules of the country

If this same trend continues, I am worried that new members will seek to post their questions elsewhere

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
This is the advice that should have been given in the first place

From what I see, in most cases a few members standard reply is that they should consult a MARA agent (which they are.) instead of giving advice

The idea of writing on these forums is to get a basic idea of where the applicant is standing vis a vis the immigration rules of the country

If this same trend continues, I am worried that new members will seek to post their questions elsewhere

Cheers
I double this moderator. It hasn't been very pleasant experience registering an account with Australia forum. I came here asking for guidance and not spam marketing about the MARA agents trying to get the customers. I have asked simple questions, which surely does not need any agent. Only good replies I have received is from ordinary users because experts are just trying to sell them here desperately. Those experts who just keep commenting on "you should get MARA agent" should be banned so they don't spam comment but I know they pay money for promoting themselves and so this forum won't stop them. What a shame, I will start looking for advice elsewhere.

Very disappointed,
TD.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.