Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have very tricky situation. I got my PR visa on 26th of May 2017. Than I went overseas for 115 days. So I left on 18th of June and got back on 10th of October. I arrived to Australia on 24th of September 2012. Since then the only time I went overseas it was the 18th of June 2017. Residence calculator says I can apply from 26th of May 2018. But I have been overseas for 115 days in the year immediately before applying.

What is your opinion ? When can I apply ?

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Did you fill out the travel dates on the residency calculator? I just did it quickly and it said you can apply on 10 July 2018.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem is if parliament will apply a new legislation on 1st of July will I be still eligible to apply after 12 months on OR or I have to wait for 4 years according to new law?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep I does say July 11th. Strange because if you out apply date June the 26th for example it says I can apply .... omg... Do I have to wait now 4 years instead of 1 on PR? Coz I am pretty sure this time they are going to approve the new law. On 1st of July.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
IF they pass the new rules you will be eligible under the new rules. The new rules will not be applied unless Peter Dutton changes the power he gets under the legislation, under his proposed legislation he gets a lot of power ie. to over rule AAT and NXT will not agree to that. It is just a wait and see what they will do kind of thing unfortunately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.