Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing some research and came across the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) (Points-tested) stream. It seems too good to be true.

You need 60 points to be eligible to submit an expression of interest.
I can get 65 if I meet these:

Age 25-32: 30pts I would probably be 30 if I were to try this.

A Bachelor degree from an Australian educational institution or a Bachelor qualification, from another educational institution that is of a recognised standard.15pts I have a Bachelors from overseas - not sure how to check to see if it is of the "recognised standard." Any advice on this?

Superior English- 20 pts - I could take the test and see.

I have 2 years experience in my field - graphic design- which is on the Skilled Occupation List under the caveat of having 2 years of experience.
I'm honestly surprised graphic design is on the list.

If I waited till I was 30, I would have 3 years skilled experience and possibly earn another 5 points.

Do you think it would be worth submitting an expression of interest? Am I missing something? My occupation isn't going to be saving lives, so I wonder how many gaps there really are in that field. Any input on this would be great, thank you!

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
The visa prospects for graphic designers are somewhat limited and there are caveats that apply.

The first step would be to obtain a positive pre-migration skills assessment, for which you would need a degree assessed as comparable to an Australian degree and a qualifying period of relevant work experience, the required duration of which would depend on the relevance of your degree.

For a fee you can check the comparability of your degree - search CEP, or if you post the name of the conferring institution and the discipline, someone might comment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.