Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There!

I'm new to the site, but lodging a partner visa, and after forking out tons of dough to different agents, I'm just not trusting of them, and lodging on my own. (I seemed to know more than most of them!)

I'm definitely in need of moral support - as this is stressful as! And, logistical support as I'm lodging on my own, and want to dot all my i's and cross all my t's.

Happy to be on here, thanks for having me

Cheers
Surf babe from the states

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Hi There!

I'm new to the site, but lodging a partner visa, and after forking out tons of dough to different agents, I'm just not trusting of them, and lodging on my own. (I seemed to know more than most of them!)
I am curious, were those agents registered with the Australian Migration Agents Registration Authority. [MARA]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, all three. Two were solicitors as well, and due to their incorrect advise I have wasted a considerable amount of money. A real shame. :(

But, moving on! :)

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I did the PMV and 820 for my wife, with the 801 to follow soon. It is definitely NOT stress free.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Do a lot of research and don't apply until you understand everything and have organized all your evidences properly. And this may seem obvious, but be sure you actually meet the requirements for a partner visa before applying. Many people do not seem to understand what exactly a de facto relationship consists of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.