Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

My name is Darcy I’m an American (living in Seattle) with an Australian (Melbourne) boyfriend of five years this November. I’ve been to Australia three times to visit my boy, and he’s been to the USA over five times. I’m in college and will graduate at the end of August and am looking to move to Australia afterward to be with him.

I’ve joined this site to get help on the complicated Partner Visa application process. I’ve just started looking into the application and man, am I overwhelmed! I have so many questions (when to start/submit? Who to submit to? Do I send my part of application to boyfriend in Australia and he submits there? Or does he send to me and I submit to Aus Embassy in US? And so many more, ahhh!)

Anyway, I look forward to really appreciating the help that is offered on this website and digging through the archives.

Thanks!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hey mate. Welcome. It doesn't matter who will be filling in the application, as far as I remember all applications will need to be sent to DC and lodged in the US, unless you are already in Australia.
DC is slower than Australian centers, mainly because a lot of Australians are moving back with their partners due to more favorable economic conditions in Aus.
Don't forget you'll need a mountain of evidence.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.