Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My name is Ahmed. I have done Masters in Computer Science form University of Karachi. I have been working at a US based offshore solutions (software development) company as IT Manager for about 7 years now. I am also certified on Oracle DBA track. though my job role does not revolve around it primarily. I am planning to lodge an application under GSM class. Recently I heard that SOL is changing and according the intended list provided at immi's sections @

New List of Skilled Occupations Intended To Replace The Current Skilled Occupation List

IT / ICT Professionals are not listed in the upcoming SOL. May be it is too early to say some thing about it. One question I would like to ask you guys is that, can ACS help me in this regard? can they help me to assess whether my qualifications & experience can be categorized under any available GSM class?

Regards,
-Ahmed

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi all,

My name is Ahmed. I have done Masters in Computer Science form University of Karachi. I have been working at a US based offshore solutions (software development) company as IT Manager for about 7 years now. I am also certified on Oracle DBA track. though my job role does not revolve around it primarily. I am planning to lodge an application under GSM class. Recently I heard that SOL is changing and according the intended list provided at immi's sections @

New List of Skilled Occupations Intended To Replace The Current Skilled Occupation List

IT / ICT Professionals are not listed in the upcoming SOL. May be it is too early to say some thing about it. One question I would like to ask you guys is that, can ACS help me in this regard? can they help me to assess whether my qualifications & experience can be categorized under any available GSM class?

Regards,
-Ahmed
Hi Ahmed and welcome to the forum,
There are IT classifications listed for what will be in the new SOL but they are just different, now that ANZSCO is used instead of the ASCO.
ACS will still be the likely assessing organisation and that will be confirmed when the new occupations list is published in the SOL format.

You can see more discussions in the Visas & Immigrations section.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.