Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have just joined this forum to see if I can help anyone or they can help me!

I have been in Australia since July 2010 and came here on a working holiday visa with the genuine intention of being here for 12 months and returning back to my friends and family in the UK. However the bug has caught me and I settled very quickly into life over here that I am not too keen to rush home yet!

I was so lucky that I managed to get work straight away after arriving. I then travelled a little and came back to work straight away again and then received an offer from my previous employer (pre-travel) for sponsorship which I gladly took! Alas this fell through just weeks before my working visa was due to expire, preventing me from being able to apply for alternative employment, provide the necessary 3 months trial to substantiate a company sponsoring me :(

Now I am a struggling student and my partner who is Aussie keeps asking me to apply for de facto as this would help me de-stress and allow me to work full-time hours once granted (or so we believe!!)

Anyway I think I have rambled enough should anyone wish to advise or query please do so, I would be happy to discuss further...

·
Registered
15 Posts
HELLO aj_mils

If your still on a visa living in Australia with your Aussie partner, I say DO IT! Start the ball rolling for a Partner Visa by gaining evidence your in a de-facto relationship. I definitely would.

You actually have a luxury really that your together with your partner. A lot of people in your situation are apart from their Aussie partners (living overseas) & would just love the opportunity to gain all the necessary evidence needed that they are together but can't quite get their foot into the country to do it!!! If this makes sense??? But in saying this I am well aware of the stressful situation you are in with your work situation & jumping into a commitment like this is a big ask!

There are many ways to start collecting evidence for a de-facto relationship in numerous posts through out this site. I too am a 'newbie' to all this too! Just a little of my advice.

CHEERS SARAH.F

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.