Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I would like to start applying for permanent residency, as an independent skilled worker.
I'm a software engineer with 5 years relevant working experience.
I'm 29 yo and I would like to apply alone.

I read about the process in the immigration website and it seemed pretty straight forwards.

With these details - nothing special in my case - is there any chance that I do something wrong that will ruin my chances to get the permanent residency?
Should I take a migration agent, or no agent can do anything to increase my chances?

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
If you satisfy the eligibility criteria and there aren't any other complicated background issues, then this would be a bonus for you rather than a negative. Complications equal longer processing time, so I don't see why you think your chances would be lowered. I think the opposite would be true.

You can handle any visa application by yourself, and since your case is simple, it'll be easier for you to go through the process. People with complications usually need an agent to help them.

If you are still worried, then consult a migration agent anyway, even just to put your mind at ease.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.