Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im a bit scared by all the horror stories on here about long delays, particularly to do with Kenya, but im not sure if this relates to Kenya applicants specifically or generally for any visa lodged in Kenya (although we lodged in Accra I believe everything is through kenya where our CO is). Are there any Ghanians or ladies with Ghanian spouses on here, who might have some insights for me and ideas on time frames. This is our second visa attempt (see my other post under African related threads for my sad sad story) and we are running an appeal concurrently with our second fiance visa as the appeal wait time is 2.5 years we hear at present. we are one year in on the appeal and 7 months on the visa (lodged 7.11.12). Just did medicals and case officer waived our interview requirement. Is this unusual does anyone know? We had to do an interview last time. She also returned our photos via courier (a massive 2kg photos out of a total application of 8kg - see our sad story on other post and you will see why i was taking no chances with this application) and when i asked her would she like even more photos from my most recent Accra month long trip last christmas (my 19th trip to see my man in Malaysia and Accra over a 4 year period) she said 'no she doesnt need to see anymore as she has satisfied herself about our relationship" this is good right? but aftering reading all the threads on delays im more scared than ever...any advice or reassurance would be greatly appreciated and thanks for reading my long dragged out post lol... Cheers Donna

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi, im a bit scared by all the horror stories on here about long delays, particularly to do with Kenya, but im not sure if this relates to Kenya applicants specifically or generally for any visa lodged in Kenya (although we lodged in Accra I believe everything is through kenya where our CO is). Are there any Ghanians or ladies with Ghanian spouses on here, who might have some insights for me and ideas on time frames. This is our second visa attempt (see my other post under African related threads for my sad sad story) and we are running an appeal concurrently with our second fiance visa as the appeal wait time is 2.5 years we hear at present. we are one year in on the appeal and 7 months on the visa (lodged 7.11.12). Just did medicals and case officer waived our interview requirement. Is this unusual does anyone know? We had to do an interview last time. She also returned our photos via courier (a massive 2kg photos out of a total application of 8kg - see our sad story on other post and you will see why i was taking no chances with this application) and when i asked her would she like even more photos from my most recent Accra month long trip last christmas (my 19th trip to see my man in Malaysia and Accra over a 4 year period) she said 'no she doesnt need to see anymore as she has satisfied herself about our relationship" this is good right? but aftering reading all the threads on delays im more scared than ever...any advice or reassurance would be greatly appreciated and thanks for reading my long dragged out post lol... Cheers Donna
If you go back a few pages in the African thread there is someone who applied in Accra. There is also another bad horror story of a Ghanaian that applied in Berlin but was rejected and the relationship ended.

It is dicussed here: http://www.australiaforum.com/visas...assy-processing-time-post85368.html#post85368

and here: http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/19322-what-options-do-i-have.html#post85381

and finally here: http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/19321-visa-refused-post86638.html#post86638

Mel was a much loved participant in this forum so it was a huge shock to us all when it all unfolded.

You have done what Mel was not prepared to do though (as hard as it is) and you have decided to fight it. For that I really applaud you.

I'm no expert but it all sounds like it's very positive from the Case Officers comments. I'd say you're simply waiting for the Form 80 Security checks now (like us). Hopefully it doesn't take as long as it has for us so far.

I am a little surprised that it took them 11 months to reject you last time. That kind of thing shouldn't happen since the reasons they gave could have been determined very early in processing your application. It's not like they received a bad security or medical check they had been waiting on.

All the best with your application.:)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response and help I will go and read those links. Thank you. Yes we were shocked too. Particularly when 2 friends we introduced who had only been dating a year and used the same lawyer we did got approved. Our applications were almost identical except ours was much stronger. We had an Indian co and in Malaysia they Are well known for hating Africans. Our new lawyer said in his 20 years of practice he had never seen such a blatantly openly racist refusal letter. So unfair especially when the appeal takes 2.5 years. We will never stop fighting for this. If we fail on this we have the appeal and if that fails we will live in our little apartment and live in Ghana. Thanks for the support so nice to meet people in the same boat who understand

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.