Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I really want my parents (mum and dad) to live with me in Australia as they are getting old and lonely . Below are the facts

me - australian citizen
sister 1 - nz pr (recent)
sister 2 - In london

because of this i fail balance of family test for all permanent migration category .
both dad and mum are under 65 years so no aged category .

I can go temporary visa option but really like to have permanent option if there are any .

Any help suggestion tips tricks will be really appreciated

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Balance of family requirements are fairly clear-cut. Not sure what you mean by "tricks", but there are no magic loopholes and anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.

Either wait for the temporary parent visa, as per Jeremy's suggestion or explore the option of your brother or sister becoming Australian PR.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Balance of family requirements are fairly clear-cut. Not sure what you mean by "tricks", but there are no magic loopholes and anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.
by tricks i meant if there are any ways they can come via NZ as my other sister is NZ PR

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is talk of a long-term visitor visa for parents for up to 5 years. It was supposed to start last November. Hopefully, it will start soon.
Thanks Jeremy

Is this the one where you have to pay 5K and can only have it twice i.e 10 yrs in total ?

I have no issues with paying the money however its the 10 yrs limit which hurts . What will happen to my parents once they have lived here for 10 yrs ? i wouldn't want them to leave or travel in that age .

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
by tricks i meant if there are any ways they can come via NZ as my other sister is NZ PR
If they could become NZ citizens, they'd be able to live in Australia as Special Category Visa holders. I can't advise you on NZ immigration.

Your sister has no status in Australia, as far as your parents are concerned, unless she obtains Australian PR somehow. NZ permanent residents have no special status in Australia, only NZ citizens do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If they could become NZ citizens, they'd be able to live in Australia as Special Category Visa holders. I can't advise you on NZ immigration.

Your sister has no status in Australia, as far as your parents are concerned, unless she obtains Australian PR somehow. NZ permanent residents have no special status in Australia, only NZ citizens do.
thanks CCMS , My sisters husband is AU citizen but they both live in NZ . Are there any ways she can Australian PR based on this whilst living in NZ ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.