Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I had a quick look through this forum to see if there are any major changes to partner visa after July 2018, I can't seem to find any threads on it.

Any updates that we should be aware of?

Thank you kindly

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Possible price increase? Though July last year it only went up from $6865 to $7000 for the 300, 820/801, 309/100 and $1145 to $1170 for an 820/801 from a 300 so it wasn't a major increase.

There are always talks of various changes but immigration seems to like to implement them without warning.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I applied for my 309/100 through a migration agent and she attended a national conference a few months ago. This is what she said to me in an email:

"The Directors of the Department of Home Affairs indicated that post 1 July 2018, the processing teams at the Department will triage partner visa applications after 3 months with a view to prioritising those that have been submitted as complete applications."

I asked what this meant and she basically explained that they will start doing preliminary reviews of applications in the first 3 months and then fast track the quality, decision ready applications. I am just relaying what I was told by my agent, I can't confirm whether this is true or whether it will actually speed up the process but I really hope so.

Reactions: Ejona

·
Registered
119 Posts
"The Directors of the Department of Home Affairs indicated that post 1 July 2018, the processing teams at the Department will triage partner visa applications after 3 months with a view to prioritising those that have been submitted as complete applications."

I asked what this meant and she basically explained that they will start doing preliminary reviews of applications in the first 3 months and then fast track the quality, decision ready applications. I am just relaying what I was told by my agent, I can't confirm whether this is true or whether it will actually speed up the process but I really hope so.
If this is correct, I wonder if it will also apply to 801/100 applications as well or just fist stage 820 applications.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Could you please give us an example of the potential changes? What else could they change at this point, besides increased fees? :)
For example:

It is proposed that sponsors must be approved before a partner application can be lodged. It has not been announced whether a charge will be imposed at this step.

There could be serious (fatal) implications for prospective onshore applicants.

·
Registered
119 Posts
For example:

It is proposed that sponsors must be approved before a partner application can be lodged. It has not been announced whether a charge will be imposed at this step.

There could be serious (fatal) implications for prospective onshore applicants.
So I must have got this wrong because I was under the impression that this was one of the changes that was introduced in November 2016.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.