Australia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I recently renewed my passport and updated my name to my married name. I sent form 929 to the home affairs inbox along with certified copies of old and new passports and marriage certificate on the 06/09 to link my PR visa to new passport/name. I got an auto reply to say it would take 10 working days. I checked Vevo on the 25/9 and it still wasnt updated so i phoned and was told they couldnt check where it was at as its a back end department that processes 929 and to resend it and wait 5 days and call back again and they would escalate it. So i re-forwarded my initial email on the 25/9, checked this morning and its STILL not updated, so i phoned and was told nothing they can do, i just have to wait. I cant go in and update it at an immigrstion office, no other way but email, no direct form of customer service..its ridiculous.
Anyone else aware of delays with form 929 and any tips on speeding it up.i am wanting to renew the travel facility on my PR as i am flying home early next year and cant apply for that until this is updated.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also facing the same issue. I had sent form 929 on 9th September, and sent reminder mails every week. But no response yet. We don't get any response even if any mistakes in the forms (worst case scenario). They don't provide details in phone and asking to send in email, in email as well no responses.We don't have any idea to handle this.Can some one or experienced MARA (members in this group) can help us?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.