Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
A few days I have been reading the forum, but can not find the answer to my question: My wife will soon apply for a spouse visa 309. Im the sponsor. If the Department will set the request of AoS (I can not provide it - I didnt work in Aus) to whom we can ask for help?
We have no relatives or friends in Australia. Maybe someone knows the coordinates of offices or individuals who could arrange this issue for a fee?

·
Registered
72 Posts
question

Can I ask what visa your wife is currently on? You are married and I am wondering how do you apply for a partner visa on which visa - is it an ETA tourist visa? Or can there be another visa that is not ETA?

This question is puzzling and killing us. :)

We don't have any clear answers.
interested

Hi guys.
A few days I have been reading the forum, but can not find the answer to my question: My wife will soon apply for a spouse visa 309. Im the sponsor. If the Department will set the request of AoS (I can not provide it - I didnt work in Aus) to whom we can ask for help?
We have no relatives or friends in Australia. Maybe someone knows the coordinates of offices or individuals who could arrange this issue for a fee?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Can I ask what visa your wife is currently on? You are married and I am wondering how do you apply for a partner visa on which visa - is it an ETA tourist visa? Or can there be another visa that is not ETA?

interested
Sounds like UKRop may still be abroad but has a PR visa himself interested and is merely asking re his wife, also still abroad and applying for a partner visa.

Hi guys.
UKRop
This situation would not normally arise where a person is married when submitting a PR application themselves and includes a wife as a secondary applicant or even adds a secondary applicant while the visa application is being processed, anytime up until it is granted.

A late romance/marriage occurring after your visa grant puts you in the situation you now are and unfortunately, all you can hope for is that your sponsorship of your wife will be looked upon in the same light as if she had been a secondary applicant.
Immigration officials are aware that life goes on and they'll look at the situation, first to see that there is sound partner evidence.

And then as you'll be financial enough to make the move yourself, they'll be looking at finances and work histories of you and your wife, take into account your Australian employment prospects and decide if an AoS is required.

If one is, then from what you say, you do have a problem and that'll be the risk you have in putting in a partner visa now as against you going ahead to Australia and securing employment before your wife puts in an application.

Some people may decide to risk going on an ETA, using that as a recce trip if you like and if your wife saw that employment could come readily for her, there are employment sponsor visas and then of course if you are there too and have found employment, always the possibility of putting a partner application in onshore if you get an ETA and not an eVisa that could have a No Further Stay condition applied.

There are even people with PR visas that may do a validation trip, ie. heading out while their PR is valid to activate it before latest entry date comes up and then return, that being because of family or employment recce reasons.

If the requirement for an AoS does arise I've not heard of any organisations that will offer that for a fee, not to say they do not exist however.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wanderer, Thx a lot.
You are absolutelly right: I have PR activated back in 2007. Since then I have been living in Ukraine with my wife.
I have some employment prospects in the Defence and 30K AUD earned in Ukraine.
Are that sufficient conditions to avoid the possibility of being asked that AoS? Wanderer, as a prof, what do you think about?
Thx in advance.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Wanderer, Thx a lot.
You are absolutelly right: I have PR activated back in 2007. Since then I have been living in Ukraine with my wife.
I have some employment prospects in the Defence and 30K AUD earned in Ukraine.
Are that sufficient conditions to avoid the possibility of being asked that AoS? Wanderer, as a prof, what do you think about?
Thx in advance.
I do not know that they have a particular level of funds and it would be better if you were in Australia or had been there more but if you can show you have $30,000 in savings and some definite employment prospects, I'd think that ought to be sufficient.
I've read of families with children going to Australia with less to their name but sponsoring not involved because they were all on one visa as primary and secondary applicants.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

interested
Hi.
My wife has none at the moment. She will apply for 309 offshore in 2-3 month.
Wanderer, thanks once more. As I realized, it`s a lottery (I mean AoS) wholly depending on CO. One is lucky to be asked, other`s lucky to avoid. Two guys from Russia have been asked, three others have escaped. All had almost similar conditions.
Anyway thx to all answered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.