Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have submitted the Applicant form for my wife and now I, as the sponsor, am finalizing my own statements (financial, household, social, commitment, etc).
Currently I have just reworded the statement of my wife into my own words so it's the same story with the same facts but from my view point.
Is this sufficient? Does it need to be visibly different? Do there need to be any different stories/facts included?

In the Partner Migration 1127 booklet they use the following wording:
The department prefers that these statements not be duplicates of each other, ie. formulaic, but should be written in each declarant's own words. Otherwise, the department may request that you provide new statements.

I don't think ours is formulaic and so should be fine, but want to get other's interpretation and experience on this. Has anyone been asked to re-do these?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think the facts/points/events on both statements should be the same/support each other, but obviously it has to be in your own words for your statement and your wife's for hers.

Me and my husband did ours separately, and then just make sure we included the same events/details.

We've done it twice (for PMV and 820) and both times we didn't get asked to re-do them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.