Australia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

It's been 2 months since I've lodged the 801 visa application and under the 'application status' section, it stated "The application has been received by the department but has not been assigned for assessment".

Does anyone knows whether the application status comment will be updated once the application is assigned for assessment? I'm aware that our application is still within the processing timeframes, but it seems odd that the application still hasn't been allocated for assessment after 2 months.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards
NB

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

It's been 2 months since I've lodged the 801 visa application and under the 'application status' section, it stated "The application has been received by the department but has not been assigned for assessment".

Does anyone knows whether the application status comment will be updated once the application is assigned for assessment? I'm aware that our application is still within the processing timeframes, but it seems odd that the application still hasn't been allocated for assessment after 2 months.

Regards
NB
Hi

Depending on many factors, it can take many months to be assigned to a case officer. So as long as you are still within the processing time, you should not worry about it and wait patiently.

Regards

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Hi everyone,

Regards
NB
It can be normal for no noticeable movement for a few months, especially when so many are in the queue.

I don't know current numbers, but at 31/12/2020 it was reported that there were 85,432 subclass 801 applications in the pipeline.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you everyone for your responses.

Our case is fairly straight forward so was hopping it would fall under the 25% processing time category where applications are processed within 3 months but doesn't look like it will be the case so will just have to wait and hope for the best outcomes.

Regards
NB

·
Registered
42 Posts

Our case is fairly straight forward so was hopping it would fall under the 25% processing time category where applications are processed within 3 months but doesn't look like it will be the case so will just have to wait and hope for the best outcomes.

Regards
NB
Hi,

We submitted our 801 on 15th April, so 10 weeks ago tomorrow. The status currently says Further Assessment. I am not sure how long it has read Further Assessment but it has been at least a few weeks.
We were hoping for a quick outcome also but who knows how many applications they have in the pipeline to process, so it is just a matter of being patient.

cheers
GG

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts

Regards
NB
It’s perfectly possible that an application can be ‘assigned‘ and granted on the same day if it is decision ready.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
It can be normal for no noticeable movement for a few months, especially when so many are in the queue.

I don't know current numbers, but at 31/12/2020 it was reported that there were 85,432 subclass 801 applications in the pipeline.
I just found this more recent on-hand data:

There were 74,432 subclass 801 (2nd stage) applications on hand at 30 Nov 2021.

The queue was down by 11,000...

Reactions: grumpygrant

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks GG.

Our was submitted a week after your, so fingers crossed it's not too far behind in the queue 😊

Cheers
NB
Good Luck…keep me informed of your progress and I will reciprocate…I think they have quotas of visas they can approve in any one year (I am thinking Financial not Calendar Year)?) so maybe once the new financial year begins we may see a flurry of approvals…probably wishful thinking on my part but just trying to be optimistic!?😊

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks GG, we need all the luck in the world 😊

Yes I believe there's an approval cap each year, let's hope it's based on financial years rather than calendar ones.

Occasionally I've uploaded latest photos to further support our case ie to show that we're still together etc, but unsure if this will cause further delay to our case progressing to the 'further assessment' stage as they might think our application is not ready if I kept uploading documents. Any thoughts?

Regards
NB

·
Registered
42 Posts

Yes I believe there's an approval cap each year, let's hope it's based on financial years rather than calendar ones.

Occasionally I've uploaded latest photos to further support our case ie to show that we're still together etc, but unsure if this will cause further delay to our case progressing to the 'further assessment' stage as they might think our application is not ready if I kept uploading documents. Any thoughts?

Regards
NB

Regards
NB
Hey NB,

You may be right re the uploading of further documents…We just made sure the application was decision ready ie., we submitted the online form and all our evidence at the same time and just left it for them to assess. We are fairly confident we have submitted enough evidence and if there is anything else they need I am sure they will contact us (which they haven’t so far) so I am just assuming we are somewhere in the queue? Like you, I felt our application should be pretty straightforward but who knows how or what their process or order of assessment is?
I think you should be encouraged that they haven’t asked you to provide any additional documentation which may mean that they consider your application to be ready & complete. I can understand your anxiousness as it would be nice to have it all approved and finished. It is a long, challenging and arduous process but hopefully rewarding, as well, in the long run? Did you do yours, as we did, without using a Migration Agent?

cheers

GG

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought there's no harm in loading more evidence while the case hasn't been assigned for assessment as it's been so long since the application was lodged but I better stop doing that else it might revert to the bottom of the queue....

I believe our application is complete but because it hasn't been assigned for assessment so who knows if we'll be contacted or interviewed... I heard some people got their grants within a month or even a week! so it really makes me wonder why our application just been idled for months...

I'm really grateful that we can continue our married journey while waiting for the decision but it's incredibly stressful and difficult to secure ongoing employment as a majority of the job requires PR status. Whilst it'll be a massive relief once the wait is over, the vicious cycle continue when my husband is eligible to apply for Australian citizenship :)

We didn't used a migration agent, did everything ourself. Thank goodness for this forum, I've learnt a lot and people were kind to share their knowledge/experience.

Hope you'll get the grant anyday soon 😊

Cheers
NB

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
I thought there's no harm in loading more evidence while the case hasn't been assigned for assessment as it's been so long since the application was lodged but I better stop doing that else it might revert to the bottom of the queue....

I believe our application is complete but because it hasn't been assigned for assessment so who knows if we'll be contacted or interviewed... I heard some people got their grants within a month or even a week! so it really makes me wonder why our application just been idled for months...

I'm really grateful that we can continue our married journey while waiting for the decision but it's incredibly stressful and difficult to secure ongoing employment as a majority of the job requires PR status. Whilst it'll be a massive relief once the wait is over, the vicious cycle continue when my husband is eligible to apply for Australian citizenship :)

We didn't used a migration agent, did everything ourself. Thank goodness for this forum, I've learnt a lot and people were kind to share their knowledge/experience.

Hope you'll get the grant anyday soon 😊

Cheers
NB
I've read of many applicants that received a grant shortly after uploading something extra.

My wife received hers about a week or so after uploading new unrequested evidences.

Not sure if it is coincidence or the fact that as they looked at the upload, they decided to finalise it rather than put it back.

Reactions: grumpygrant

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks JandE for the tips.

I've contacted the Home Affairs call centre and the advice was the application status might indicate the 'application hasn't been assigned for assessment', it doesn't necessarily means it's not being reviewed. Who knows if the advice provided is accurate, so it's difficult to know if our application is being assessed despite the application status comment.

Glad to see you're still helping out in this forum after all these years :)

Cheers
NB

·
Registered
796 Posts
I heard some people got their grants within a month or even a week! so it really makes me wonder why our application just been idled for months...
It's not as simple as that. Such as when did they apply? When they were eligible or after a long period of time? A large number of people just seem to forget about it until a few years after eligibility.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Aussie83 for the response.

From what I've read, those applications that had the quick grant was lodged soon after their eligibility ie 2 years from the 820 lodgement.

Would be nice to get the approval soon as I don't like uncertainty, makes it difficult to plan but will just have to wait and try not to be too anxious, easier said than done 😊

Cheers
NB

1 - 20 of 34 Posts