Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my husband been together for 2 years, we have been seeing each other for every 3 months , and we got married in December 2017 in Australia , I was in Australia for last 6 months( July-Jan) together with him.

We applied our visa 309/100 on the 22nd of January 2018 through an agent in Perth , We have provided evidence as much as we could, such as wedding photos, vacation proof , itinerary, Chat history,
I am Originally from Sri Lanka but I am working in china also my daughter with me as a dependent in the application, I am not sure which Australian embassy is handling my case, But My the nearest embassy is in china,

29th of January got a requesting letter for medical and have submitted on the 10th of February 2018 ,
I heard from few of my friends that if I have completed my medical the visa process will be quicker ?
Is that true Any idea ?

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I heard from few of my friends that if I have completed my medical the visa process will be quicker ?

In fact that is true - if you don't do it, it will be very slow and eventually be refused. Other than that your friends advise is not good.

I think they are talking a front loaded application complete with medical and police clearance, mostly this will not help you being from a high risk country.

I would plan on it taking a year, if it is faster it is a bonus if not after a year try find the processing times for your processing centre (was that indicated in the medical request?)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Me and my husband been together for 2 years, we have been seeing each other for every 3 months , and we got married in December 2017 in Australia , I was in Australia for last 6 months( July-Jan) together with him.

We applied our visa 309/100 on the 22nd of January 2018 through an agent in Perth , We have provided evidence as much as we could, such as wedding photos, vacation proof , itinerary, Chat history,
I am Originally from Sri Lanka but I am working in china also my daughter with me as a dependent in the application, I am not sure which Australian embassy is handling my case, But My the nearest embassy is in china,

29th of January got a requesting letter for medical and have submitted on the 10th of February 2018 ,
Is that true Any idea ?
Typically 309 applications are processed offshore from the country you're from, so my guess is its processed by Sri Lanka.

If you want to find this out you can call the DIBP in Australia and ask, they usually tell you where its processed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Typically 309 applications are processed offshore from the country you're from, so my guess is its processed by Sri Lanka.

If you want to find this out you can call the DIBP in Australia and ask, they usually tell you where its processed.
Thanks
I been told by the agent its doing in Guangzhou china , Currently i am in China

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.