Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I applied for a 309 partner visa 3 months ago from China (I'm Mexican citizen, partner is Australian) under de facto status. We don't currently live together in China, he was here for 1.5 years and moved back in December 2017 to secure a job there and then we applied for my visa so we are in a long distance relationship and will be until my visa is granted. We recently went on a trip together to Malaysia and he popped the question while on the trip so now we are happily engaged! I have two questions I would love to get some answers to:

1) Does the status need to be updated on our immi account? or are we still technically de facto but engaged? I plan on uploading some photos and congratulation emails from family and friends just to provide additional evidence of our commitment to each other and plans for the future of course

2) We are currently not living together but we love traveling and have plans to see each other every 2-3 months whenever I get holidays from my work (I'm an art teacher at an international school in China so anytime i get school holidays we travel). We have plans to travel to South Korea in October, Austria for Christmas in December and I will travel to Australia with my family in February so my family can meet his before a wedding in Mexico in July. Should I be uploading additional supporting documents every time we travel to see each other particularly for the category evidence of commitment to each other and contact while apart? for example: more photos of trips, skype logs every 3 months or so?, more evidence of shared finances (while we don't have a joint bank account whenever we travel he books plane tickets and i book hotels and this is how we share finances and can happily provide evidence of this for future travels). I figured uploading more evidence every 3 months with recent happenings would show the relationship is still strong and continuing but i'm not sure how other people who applied offshore and not currently living together do it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.