Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

ยท
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello ๐Ÿ™‚ This's the first time I use this forum as a poster. I have a question about my visa condition ๐Ÿ˜…

The expiration date of my student visa 573 is 30th Aug 2018 but due to some changes in my situation and uni's system, I graduated in November 2017 which was much earlier than my student visa expiration date.

As I heard I cannot stay in Australia with the student visa without being actively in study program for more than three months otherwise the government will cancel my student
visa, I applied for Temporary Graduate Work visa 485 in January 2018.

I thought Bridging visa A had been issued when I lodged the application for 485, so I applied for Bridging visa B when I needed to go back to my home country in February and March 2018 and came back within the time of period I was given.

But now I've found some people saying that BvA becomes in effect only after the student visa expires naturally. That BvA is on the background of the student visa while the student visa hasn't expired yet.

Does that mean my BvA is currently not in effect yet and I am still staying in Australia with the student visa, which also means I did not need to apply for BvB when I went home and I can go abroad and come back to Australia whenever and for however long I want until 30th August 2018?

If anyone can tell me which visa I'm currently on in this situation, I'd appreciate any helps or advices I can receive๐Ÿ˜ข

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

Update:
I got the 485 Grant Notice letter JUST NOW!! So no need to worry about BvB anymore. Tried to delete this post but I couldn't idk why, so I'm leaving this update here!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.