Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

The last time i was here was when i first applied for my visitors visa to visit my fiancé (now my husband) for the first time! A year after we are now married (we got married in the Philippines last February) and i am now a BVA holder!

I submitted my onshore visa application 820 last week and 15 minutes after my submission, i received my BVA grant! I compiled and organized all our evidences as how it was advised here in the forum! Thank you for continuously being helpful! Keep it up!

Now the waiting for 17-24months starts and hoping for the best outcome. I just have a few questions and hoping for your wise advice.

1. My BVA grant says : “No condition.” Does it mean that i can already work? I really want to start getting busy because waiting can sometimes cause anxiousness which i do not want to be. I am currently volunteering for Salvation Army.

2. I have not set my appointment for my medical and police check as i was told that it is better to have it done either few months after submission or at least 10 months after to make it still valid and updated before a CO gets assigned to us. Is that a good decision? I already submitted my Philippines National police check which is valid for 1 year.

3. We are still living with his parents 3 months after our wedding to help me settle here in AU but we plan to move already next month in our own home so we can start collecting joint bills, etc to update our evidences, is that alright? I’m a Christian and as conservative as it may sound, we never live in together before our wedding so we do not have any joint utilities yet. I also used to have a job while we were dating and have my own bank account so i didn't really rely to him for money not until when we were planning our wedding that we have to share and transfer money for our shared wedding expenses. We have all our evidences when we were still dating like travel tickets, wedding expenses receipts, photos etc. My parents in law also were so kind to sign a Stat Dec for us that we are currently living with them. A friend suggested to get an updated Stat Dec with Superannuation since my husband is the only one who has a job at the moment, will that be something which will be considered?

4. Can i apply for learners/drivers card while I'm on BVA? I would like to be independent and learn how to drive while my husband is at work so i can run errands on my own. I don't have a PH drivers licence.

5. I uploaded at least 55 docs ( we both only have space for 60 docs each) in my evidence and 15 docs in my husband’s part. In any case, we need to update documents, is it possible to upload it under his name if ever i dont have enough space in my online application? Can’t seem to unattach the duplicate files i mistakenly uploaded twice. My bad.

Hope someone can answer a question or two that i have. Sorry for the long post! Thank you in advance!

Finally, i hope that we keep out hopes high and relentless faith as we continuously wait for the best outcome of all our applications. I know it wasn’t always easy to wait but let’s keep pushing til we get there.

God bless!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
1. Correct, but only when the BVA is in effect. Everyone gets the grant straight away but the BVA goes into effect when your current visa ends. If you were on a tourist visa, then it's when the current stay period as listed on the visa grant ends.

2. I would personally wait. If they look at your application, they'll request them anyway.

3. You can keep adding evidences if you want but it is my understanding that they only take into consideration the evidence of your relationship from the period BEFORE your application date when they make a decision. Basically, you can't use your time waiting after applying to gather evidence to meet the requirements.

4. Yes. Look up the requirements for your state. You may need to acquire quite a few things to be able to prove your identity first.

5. Yes, but you really shouldn't be using all 120 slots or the application is messy and not prepared well. You're just making the COs job harder at that point.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Correct, but only when the BVA is in effect. Everyone gets the grant straight away but the BVA goes into effect when your current visa ends. If you were on a tourist visa, then it's when the current stay period as listed on the visa grant ends.

2. I would personally wait. If they look at your application, they'll request them anyway.

3. You can keep adding evidences if you want but it is my understanding that they only take into consideration the evidence of your relationship from the period BEFORE your application date when they make a decision. Basically, you can't use your time waiting after applying to gather evidence to meet the requirements.

4. Yes. Look up the requirements for your state. You may need to acquire quite a few things to be able to prove your identity first.

5. Yes, but you really shouldn't be using all 120 slots or the application is messy and not prepared well. You're just making the COs job harder at that point.
Hi SkyBlueBrewer,

Thank you for your prompt response.

My BVA takes effect in a few days.

Hoping for best the best and favorable results in the next year or so.

All your answers are very helpful.

Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2,135 Posts
If you are lacking evidence of your relationship before you applied for your visa, you may potentially struggle to prove the genuineness of your relationship. Being married counts for naught. I would suggest you consider consulting with a Registered migration agent before you upload anything else.
Hopefully you have copies of what you have already uploaded so as the agent can review the current state of your application. As skybluebrewer has already stated, dont waste your upload slots as depending on what the agent may say you may need to upload more relevant evidence.
The money you spend on having an agent review your application will be well spent.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are lacking evidence of your relationship before you applied for your visa, you may potentially struggle to prove the genuineness of your relationship. Being married counts for naught. I would suggest you consider consulting with a Registered migration agent before you upload anything else.
Hopefully you have copies of what you have already uploaded so as the agent can review the current state of your application. As skybluebrewer has already stated, dont waste your upload slots as depending on what the agent may say you may need to upload more relevant evidence.
The money you spend on having an agent review your application will be well spent.
Hi Aussie Steve,

Thank you for your reply.

We do have some evidences attached like money transfers, recent joint account, joint travels, stat decs, photos, etc. The only ones we do not have are utility bills since we just started living together.

But thank you for suggesting to consult migration agent for further help. Will definitely consider that even after we have submitted our application.

·
Super Moderator
2,135 Posts
I can assure you it will be well worth the effort for around $250 for an initial review, rather than loose $7000, and face a lot of heartache and disappointment. There is a list of agents in the "sticky" at the top of the forum list.
All of them have been reccomend by users of the forum.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can assure you it will be well worth the effort for around $250 for an initial review, rather than loose $7000, and face a lot of heartache and disappointment. There is a list of agents in the "sticky" at the top of the forum list.
All of them have been reccomend by users of the forum.
Good Luck!
Oh apparently we have already submitted and paid $7000 and have received my BVA. Nevertheless, we will continue to hope for the best and do what we can do to continue to update our evidences as we wait hoping that it will be considered as we truly know that our relationship is true and genuine.

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
It won't be considered. You have to meet the requirements when you apply. You can't use the time after applying to do so. Many people choose to upload significant events after applying to show the relationship is continuing but the decision will be based on if you met the requirements at the time of application.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It won't be considered. You have to meet the requirements when you apply. You can't use the time after applying to do so. Many people choose to upload significant events after applying to show the relationship is continuing but the decision will be based on if you met the requirements at the time of application.
Hi Skybluebrewer,

Thank you for the feedback. We will just keep our fingers crossed that the evidences we have submitted will suffice to what they will be looking for.

Thank you so much!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.