Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I applied for RRV on 11 Dec but haven't got any update yet. As of Jan 04, it still says "Received and will be assessed". I do not meet the 2/5 years requirement.

I understand that it can take up to 30 working days and things could be slower due to holidays season but just wondering if anyone applied around these dates and got their PR already?

My travel facility expires in April but have applied for RRV based on a Job offer that starts on Jan 08. Hope it will be accepted as "Ties to Australia". I also need to go for my MBA graduation in July abroad, which I have also mentioned in my application, but not sure if it will add any weight to the application. Based on your experience, will this suffice for RRV?

Did anyone not meeting the 2/5 years requirement apply in Nov or Dec and have been granted RRV?

Thank you in advance for any feedback!

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Unfortunately you need to take the DHA timelines with a bit of a grain of salt. They are a reasonable estimate but they can deviate quite a bit based on things like holiday seasons, volume of applications, the quality of particular applications, etc.

It's fortunate that you still have travel rights to arrive and begin working and hopefully that will be enough to demonstrate the ties to Australia for the RRV to be granted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI aquariangman85,

I put in my application on 03 December 2017 and still have not heard back. The status is sitting at 'Received'. I contacted DIBP and the operator wasn't very helpful, saying something to the effect of my application being 'one of the 10% that slips through the cracks.' She couldn't give me any further information about when it will be processed.

Any further updates for you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all,

I applied for RRV on 11 Dec but haven't got any update yet. As of Jan 04, it still says "Received and will be assessed". I do not meet the 2/5 years requirement.

I understand that it can take up to 30 working days and things could be slower due to holidays season but just wondering if anyone applied around these dates and got their PR already?

My travel facility expires in April but have applied for RRV based on a Job offer that starts on Jan 08. Hope it will be accepted as "Ties to Australia". I also need to go for my MBA graduation in July abroad, which I have also mentioned in my application, but not sure if it will add any weight to the application. Based on your experience, will this suffice for RRV?

Did anyone not meeting the 2/5 years requirement apply in Nov or Dec and have been granted RRV?

Thank you in advance for any feedback!
Did u get your RRV visa bro. I am in the same boat. Would like to connect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
HI aquariangman85,

I put in my application on 03 December 2017 and still have not heard back. The status is sitting at 'Received'. I contacted DIBP and the operator wasn't very helpful, saying something to the effect of my application being 'one of the 10% that slips through the cracks.' She couldn't give me any further information about when it will be processed.

Any further updates for you?
Uzz 32 any updates. I have applied a few weeks ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.