Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen many instances where people have applied for a Partner Visa onshore while on Tourist Visa. In most cases they do that after they marry in Australia. In my case I'm already married to the person who will be coming to live with me. I live in Australia while my partner works overseas (airline) at the moment.

So my question is has anyone successfully applied for a Partner visa while on a tourist visa and are already married to their spouse previously? I'm concerned that immigration might not let us if we do this even thou my partner has successfully applied for tourist on a number of times over the last year or 2. Eventually we would like settle together after handing in her resignation.We have been married for 8 months now but together for 3 years.

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Yes you can apply for a partner visa onshore from a visitor visa. The length of the marriage is not an issue as the Department will consider your relationship as a whole. Probably a good idea to do some research on the Department of Home Affairs website to get familiar with the options.

A PMV is different to a Partner visa and you cannot apply for this if you are married or onshore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.