Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone,

I'm intending to apply for 820 in couple of months, when we fulfil the 12 months de facto requirement. Appreciate if anyone could share some ideas or suggestions please :)

1. Should i refer or mention previous visa history (although i know its very likely they have my file already) in the 820 application?

2. I used to be on Visitor visa over the years before i was on a student visa, have graduated since. Been back to OZ on FA600 on few occasions (mainly for holidays , visit friends ). Few visitor visa refusals (reasons like not genuine temporary entrant etc but i persevered and managed to get approvals too. This was over a one year period. The final visa i applied was for holidays and arranging to ship personal belongings back to home country , get a job etc. I then met my partner and we've been inseparable since. We been in defecto relationship but the first few months we have never had the partner visa thing in our minds. We only decided to do the 820 after three months of living together. We didn't have photos from day one we lived together but close friends knew that i have moved in with my partner. Friends are willing to attest to this thru the 888 forms.

3. We don't have joint bank accounts together too as i am not working (due to my visa restrictions) and i don't have any income.What i have on me are just some savings and money that I had as a tourist, before coming to Oz. I do use some of the funds i have for household expenses, gifts for my partner etc.

4. All my expenses are borne by my partner and he gives me his bank card to buy household expenses and whatever that i need for shopping etc.

5. We support each other emotionally and we truly love each other and have made our future plans.

6. We have other supporting documents as evidence, travels together, social outings

7. How strict would you think DOHA be on the defacto date (committed and living together ,exclusion of others? ) I met my partner on the 3rd September and moved in two weeks after that. So by the time we apply, we would be just over two weeks of the 12 months requirement

7. As for beneficiary, I've put my partner as mine but he hasnt done it yet (seriously i dnt expect him to at this stage. He has had a bad marriage breakdown and has completed his will before he met me. He's already spent so much money on divorce settlement etc ).

From my personal experience dealing with DOHA, i know that based on the same set of Rules that they refer to for decisions, it can go either way, i.e. to approve or to refuse, based on how the CO evaluates them.

Any comments ? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Yes, look into booking a consultation with a RMA.
I agree with this advice. Your whole situation looks a bit shaky so far. They DO interpret the de-facto requirement very strictly. Twelve months minimum and not a day less. You DO need to declare your entire visa history, even though the Department can access that information themselves.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I know of cases (not mine) where applicants were refused for being a day or two under 12 months.
Same here. They typically seek professional advice after been refused and wasting lots of time and money.The general attitude amongst Aussie sponsors seems to be that "close enough is good enough".

Reactions: Truthfully247

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with this advice. Your whole situation looks a bit shaky so far. They DO interpret the de-facto requirement very strictly. Twelve months minimum and not a day less. You DO need to declare your entire visa history, even though the Department can access that information themselves.
--Thank you for your response Nick. Will take what you said onboard.,i.e will address each and every one of my Visa history. Yes, we will be 12 months and 2 weeks at the time of applying. We are just doing all the documentation and gathering them together. Just trying to figure out how much info, photos we should include etc.. From what I've read on this forum, even supplying with the requirement will not guarantee a successful application. Will just do our best, the best we can. Thats all we can do.

Thank you again.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know of cases (not mine) where applicants were refused for being a day or two under 12 months.
Thank you for your response. We will be 12 months and two weeks at the time of applying. I have consulted an RMA and she wants me to see her sometime August. I just thought i do some homework and research beforehand. Few friends who have similar experience that went thru partner/spouse visa says that i can do it without engaging an agent as everything is spelled out on the DOHA website. On one hand i do agree but on the other hand i personally believe that reputable RMAs have the professionalism and experience in these matters.

I will update in this forum how and what our outcome be. Anything that anyone can take away from our experience would be good too :)

Thank you again :)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Have a search of this forum. There are threads outlining what people have provided for the 820 visa. There are lists of evidences and such that should help you gather information. Glad to hear you are engaging a RMA. That's a smart move and will make your life MUCH easier going through this process. Best of luck!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have a search of this forum. There are threads outlining what people have provided for the 820 visa. There are lists of evidences and such that should help you gather information. Glad to hear you are engaging a RMA. That's a smart move and will make your life MUCH easier going through this process. Best of luck!
Thank you for your reply and wishes LadyRogueRayne, Highly appreciate it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.