Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am currently in the process of getting my papers sorted. I know I have to honest about my history.

I am Russian I have been in the US for 9 years. Overstayed my temp visa. Married my girlfriend (from Belarus) who then applied for an asylum. The asylum was denied. We both got a deportation order, which we've appealed shortly after the decision was made. On the fourth year Tanya and I got divorced, I am still on the appeal case, at least I think so. I haven't heard from the court since (again I know - my fault). I was ready to leave the U.S. but got married again to a non-US-citizen now have two lovely kids. And crazy story: my parents won Green Cards and moved here two years ago, right before my wife was offered a PhD in Oslo, Norway. We decided to stay as they can sponsor me after they get US passports (3 + 8 years). This year Trump's got elected and I chose to leave, had enough of the U.S., I love the country but yellow feller is too much.

I am in cyber security and have ton of experience in software, which gets me whole 55 points for 189, along with my 75 PTE. I Just lost 5 points due to the age.

I have a Software Eng. offer which is contingent on the 457 visa of, course. After probation they are willing to sponsor me for the direct stream via 186.

My question is: What are my chances to get the visa stating my current info.
In the form 80 I have checks on:

- been removed, deported or excluded from any country (including Australia)?
- overstayed a visa in any country (including Australia)?
Same will go to the 1066 application.

I have no felonies. Didn't hack the DNC nor I like Putin.
Please let me know if anyone heard of such story or have any suggestions.
Love you all.
-A

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yes, it'll more than likely cause you issues for a temporary visa like the 457. Suggest you consult with a RMA about possible options (there are several reputable ones who frequently post on this forum.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.