Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I am on 820 temporary visa and getting ready for 801 (I will be eligible in April 2018). I did a lot of research but still have some questions.

1. Police checks and medicals – I did them for the first stage and my understanding is that I do not need to do it again. How about my partner – sponsor? There were some changes in last couple of years so I’m not sure if he has to provide police check or not.

2. We wrote our individual statements about history of relationship for the first stage and uploaded them with the application. Do we need to write statements again? I believe that only sponsor will need to fill out some form with questions about development of relationship since the grant of 820 while applying online but I would like you to confirm this.

3. We will provide fresh forms 888 from our friends and family. Do you have any advice what to avoid or focus on when filling out these forms? I mean, I heard that immigration like to read something like ”I believe their relationship is genuine and continuous” specifically words GENUINE and CONTINUOUS  And of course they shouldn’t be referring to us as girlfriend and boyfriend (I made sure to tell them this when they did 888 forms 2 years ago). Do you have any more useful tips?

I am stressing about this, I’ve read that DHA is refusing more permanent visa applications than before and it is extremely important to get it right! I will be very grateful for any comments :)

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
1. Yes you (applicant) needa a new police check

2. Both the applicant and sponsor answer the questions. The applicant is on the application form if applying online and the sponsor is a partner sponsor stat dec form.

3. No useful tips, I just told them to write them and that was it and had no issues.

The key is providing enough evidence to show you are genuine. If you have the evidence it will come in time. The issue is when there is no enough evidence provided they may take longer and an interview can be required too. Majority of people they do not interview unless there are serious concerns.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Mish! So we do not need to write statements on paper and upload, just answer the questions when applying?

I believe we have enough evidence so hopefully it will go smoothly... I got my 820 visa grant in 10 months which really surprised me as I have been reading this forum for a long time and so many people wait much longer! I dare to think that part of the reason was that I prepared and organised my documents very well :) so I intend to do the same again...

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
No, you don't write statements, you answer the questions they give you. So the applicant answers the 5 questions in the online application form and the sponsor completes the sponsors stat dec on the immigration website and gets it witnessed, scans and uploads it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.