Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Applying for 820/801 visa while on Bridging Visa A

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  CCMS 
#1 ·
Good day to everybody in this forum,

I knew a case in which the applicant applied for 820 visa when she was on BVA. But I have some specific concerns that need some clarification.

I ever thought that I cannot apply for 820 visa while not holding a substantive visa. In my case, I am holding Student Visa, have applied for 820 with BVA granted, but I am afraid that my application might not be successful as I had no strong evidence for the 12 month de facto relationship (the case officer might think our relationship was less than 12 month long prior to lodging the visa).

I just wonder if, after my student visa has expired, and before I receive the application's outcome from the Immi, if I withdraw the 820 visa application, then can I re-apply that visa whilst my BVA is still in effect?

Thank you very much for your advice!

#2 ·
Good day to everybody in this forum,

I knew a case in which the applicant applied for 820 visa when she was on BVA. But I have some specific concerns that need some clarification.

I ever thought that I cannot apply for 820 visa while not holding a substantive visa. In my case, I am holding Student Visa, have applied for 820 with BVA granted, but I am afraid that my application might not be successful as I had no strong evidence for the 12 month de facto relationship (the case officer might think our relationship was less than 12 month long prior to lodging the visa).

I just wonder if, after my student visa has expired, and before I receive the application's outcome from the Immi, if I withdraw the 820 visa application, then can I re-apply that visa whilst my BVA is still in effect?

Thank you very much for your advice!
If your BVA comes back into effect after withdrawing your partner visa application, provided there are no "no further stay" conditions, you could lodge a new partner visa application, but would have to meet the additional schedule 3 requirements.

You may be better off registering the relationship and sticking with the current application.

Obviously this a general observation only and not legal or immigration advice, as I do not know your exact circumstances and the above may not apply to your situation.

#3 ·
Dear Nick,

Thank you so much for the advice.

Unfortunately we are living in South Australia so we cannot register our relationship. Is it possible for us to travel to another state to register our relationship? (is there any state in Australia allowing us to register our relationship without residing in that state for a certain period of time like 6 months...?)

Also, I heard that you have to have your relationship registered prior to lodging your visa. This might be wrong because you advised me to register our relationship even after lodging my 820 visa.

Thank you again for your time
Kindest regards,

#4 ·
Dear Nick,

T

Also, I heard that you have to have your relationship registered prior to lodging your visa. This might be wrong because you advised me to register our relationship even after lodging my 820 visa.
Strangely enough, you can register the relationship after the application has been lodged. I have even heard stories about people who had their application refused and registered the relationship while the case was at the AAT.

Each state has its own residence requirements when it comes to registering relationships, so you should check out the individual state requirements.

Maybe you should get someone to review your application and see if the evidence can be strengthened somehow and assess the overall quality of the application?

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.