Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
This is my 1st time posting on a forum so hopefully someone can help.

I have been with my Partner for 2 years now (the Entire time we have lived together) her visa runs out within the next month and she is returning home.
I intend to go back to Australia with her on an E-visitor visa which I believe doesn't have the "No further stay" clause attached.

Does anyone have any advice on applying via this route? We have collected a lot of evidence supporting our application.

Form 80 completed.
4 Witness statements by Australian Citizens.
A personal statement from myself and my partner about our relationship.
2 years worth of pay slips proving our address together.
Bills at the same address.
Holiday bookings.
A 4 page social media statement consisting of photos of us together over the 2 years.
Joint bank statement

Is there anything I will need?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Does anyone have any advice on applying via this route? We have collected a lot of evidence supporting our application.

Form 80 completed.
4 Witness statements by Australian Citizens.
A personal statement from myself and my partner about our relationship.
2 years worth of pay slips proving our address together.
Bills at the same address.
Holiday bookings.
A 4 page social media statement consisting of photos of us together over the 2 years.
Joint bank statement

Is there anything I will need?

Thanks
There are a few more things you will need, I think, but you're off to a good start. Just as a reference, this is what my partner and I have included in our application. We're lodging on the 31st.

Applicant

Address, Evidence Of: Mail addressed to me, the applicant.

Birth or Age, Evidence Of: Applicant Birth Certificate.

Character, Evidence Of: RCMP Police Check

Citizenship, Evidence Of: Applicant Canadian Passport.

Identity, Evidence of: Applicant Drivers License.

Photo: Two recent passport photos of Applicant.

Relationship, De Facto, Evidence Of: Lease Agreements with both Applicant and Sponsors name.

Travel Documentation: Applicant ETA to enter Australia.

Couple are Living Together: Mail addressed to both applicant and sponsor.

Financial Aspects of the Relationship: Brief statement outlining how we handle our finances. Bank statements from our joint account (opening statement, 6 months onward from original and most recent statement), purchases and invoices from joint account, highlighted and numbered. Rent paid from joint account highlighted with e-transfer receipts from Landlord.

Form 888: Partners Mother, Brother, Oldest childhood friend. *Additional stat dec from Partners Mother stating support of us (place to live) when we land in Australia.

Length of De Facto Relationship, Evidence Of: Original lease form stating date when partner arrived in Canada and we moved in together.

Nature of Couples Household, Evidence Of: Brief statement from Applicant and Sponsor regarding household duties (how house work is divided up, care of the children when they're at our house, significant events with the children while at our house).

Nature of Couples Commitment to Each Other: Applicant showing Sponsor as emergency contact at last two places of employment, as well as the beneficiary to my work life insurance, listed as common law (de facto) spouse in all documents. Applicants health insurance, showing sponsor as common law spouse, authorized to make changes to the account. Applicants last will, showing sponsor as the sole executor of the will. Sponsors super account showing applicant as beneficiary. Sponsors work emergency information showing me Applicant as emergency contact and common law spouse.

Social Aspects of the Relationship: Chronological order of everything we have done as a couple (with pictures and descriptions) including family events and trips, holidays, concerts, hockey games, flights to Australia, Mexico, the US. Joint memberships to the gym, outdoor clubs, etc.

National Identity Document: Applicant social insurance number.

Certificate of Divorce: Applicants divorce certificate from first marriage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your detailed reply.

I do have a police certificate from Australia and the UK plus birth certificate and other identifying documentation, my partner also has the above.

We don't have a lease agreement, however from our payslips we can prove we have been at the same address for 2 years.

I will write up a financial statement.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Thank you for your detailed reply.

I do have a police certificate from Australia and the UK plus birth certificate and other identifying documentation, my partner also has the above.

We don't have a lease agreement, however from our payslips we can prove we have been at the same address for 2 years.

I will write up a financial statement.

Thanks
It's all in how you organize it as well. There will be times where it looks like you should send the same document twice for two different evidence groups, but the Department tells you not to. You have to be creative. Do you have joint bank accounts or any other financial links to each other?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's all in how you organize it as well. There will be times where it looks like you should send the same document twice for two different evidence groups, but the Department tells you not to. You have to be creative. Do you have joint bank accounts or any other financial links to each other?
I'll keep an eye out for those sections, I'm not flying out until March and wont be applying on my E-visitor visa until April / May so I still have plenty of time to gather evidence.

Yep we have a Joint bank account, and bills in my name which my partner give me money for.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I'll keep an eye out for those sections, I'm not flying out until March and wont be applying on my E-visitor visa until April / May so I still have plenty of time to gather evidence.

Yep we have a Joint bank account, and bills in my name which my partner give me money for.
That's good, you can include a brief statement in the financial aspects saying that the bills were in your name, but your partner gave you half of the cost, then show a screen shot of the transfer to your account with a copy of the bill as well.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Just keep in mind that IMMI are trying to make changes to the Partner Visas that will require preapproval of the sponsor. It is believed that this is to reduce the number of onshore applications. So sooner the better to lodge the application.

Also the ETA is issued for visitor related activity not to apply for another visa, so watch what you say and carry in your luggage.

·
Registered
6,877 Posts
We didn't either, but I got a letter, from the owner where we stayed, to confirm we were both living there for the dates we were there. They included their name, address and contact details.
I actually wrote out the letter for them to copy, to make it easy for them..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just keep in mind that IMMI are trying to make changes to the Partner Visas that will require preapproval of the sponsor. It is believed that this is to reduce the number of onshore applications. So sooner the better to lodge the application.

Also the ETA is issued for visitor related activity not to apply for another visa, so watch what you say and carry in your luggage.
Any idea when these changes are being made?
Is it tricky applying from a ETA, does it lower your chances of approval?
I'm only applying on that as I've used my working visa and my partner is returning soon and we don't want to be apart waiting for an offshore visa.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.