Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm planning to apply for a partnervisa with my Australian boyfriend but I'm worried that it won't be accepted.
I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in Australia and have been getting regular medication ever since. We went to see a lawyer who said that our visa application will get denied automatically because of the estimated costs of the illness and that we have to apply for a health waiver.

My main concern is that we won't have enough of reason to say why I should stay in this country (e.g. we don't have children). Has anyone gone through a similar situation and could give me some advice?
How likely is it that the health waiver will/will not be denied?

I've been together with my boyfriend 1,5years, lived together nearly 1year and we have registered our relationship and are sharing a bank account etc. I also do have a sister (she has PR) and her children living here too, not sure if that supports my reasons to stay here.

Thank you for all the answers!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have Type 2 diabetes, I'm overweight and have suffered from depression and I was granted my 801 on Friday morning so don't give up hope!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Penfold, you made my day :) can I ask if you had to apply for healthwaiver and if so, how did you reason your need to stay in Australia?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thank you Penfold, you made my day :) can I ask if you had to apply for healthwaiver and if so, how did you reason your need to stay in Australia?
No, I didn't need to apply for a health waiver either.
Don't stress about it and you stressing won't affect the outcome so there's no point worrying, it will only make you feel ill (if only I could follow my own advice 😀).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,

I'm planning to apply for a partnervisa with my Australian boyfriend but I'm worried that it won't be accepted.
I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in Australia and have been getting regular medication ever since. We went to see a lawyer who said that our visa application will get denied automatically because of the estimated costs of the illness and that we have to apply for a health waiver.

My main concern is that we won't have enough of reason to say why I should stay in this country (e.g. we don't have children). Has anyone gone through a similar situation and could give me some advice?
How likely is it that the health waiver will/will not be denied?

I've been together with my boyfriend 1,5years, lived together nearly 1year and we have registered our relationship and are sharing a bank account etc. I also do have a sister (she has PR) and her children living here too, not sure if that supports my reasons to stay here.

Thank you for all the answers!
I don't think you should worry excessively about the cost of managing ulcerative colitis. The medications to manage them are a bit expensive but from my experience working in health, it's not expensive enough to reject a visa application. An example is lantus injection for insulin dependent diabetes, the cost for 25 lantus pens is about the same of about 200 tablets for managing ulcerative colitis. And they are both life long illnesses.

And I know someone on lantus injection and his visa was not rejected. In my own opinion, I think should spend more time providing evidence about your relationship.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m not saying you should lie on your application or medical of course you shouldn’t. Just letting you know that ulcerative colitis is NOT detectable on any external medical exam or any investigations that are ordered as a part of the visa medical process

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.