Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently holding a Higher Education Visa (Subclass 573) and taking a Bachelor course. Right now I just entered Trimester 4. It has been 1 year and 3 months since I started my Bachelor. Although right now I've had a change of mind and I am keen on taking a Diploma in an entirely different subject instead because I find my current course is overwhelming.

So the main question is: How can I change visas from my Subclass 573 to a normal Student Visa Subclass 500? I understand that with my current visa now that I can't downgrade, I can only either take another course of the same level or upgrade the level of education I want to take. Though given the amount that I have spent for my Bachelor course, I cant afford to switch to another education provider of the same level. So taking a Diploma or Vocational course is the ideal choice for me.

But is there another way that I can go about it? If i cancelled my current visa and return to my country of origin, will Immigration refuse me if i applied for a new Student Visa?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Get your new course provider's offer first, and then apply the new visa while you are in Australia. Your new visa will be in effect.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
I am currently holding a Higher Education Visa (Subclass 573) and taking a Bachelor course. Right now I just entered Trimester 4. It has been 1 year and 3 months since I started my Bachelor. Although right now I've had a change of mind and I am keen on taking a Diploma in an entirely different subject instead because I find my current course is overwhelming.So the main question is: How can I change visas from my Subclass 573 to a normal Student Visa Subclass 500? I understand that with my current visa now that I can't downgrade, I can only either take another course of the same level or upgrade the level of education I want to take.
The same rules apply to the sc. 500 visa.

But is there another way that I can go about it? If i cancelled my current visa and return to my country of origin, will Immigration refuse me if i applied for a new Student Visa?
Nothing stopping you from starting from scratch, but will you be able to meet GTE requirements ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.