Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

applying for a visa

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Mish 
#1 ·
I was exploring the immigration website to apply for a visit visa where I couldn't find Palestine in the drop box menu. I'm holding a Palestinian passport. How can I proceed. Thanks

#2 ·
Hmmm very interesting. You will need to find out the local embassy for Palestine and apply there.

I will just mention that chances of getting a visitor visa for a Palestine citizen is literally impossible and that was before all of the recent problems.

Palestine is a high risk country and from memory has a high non return rate which is why it is hard to be granted a visitor visa.

#4 ·
Thanks Mish, actually my passport has US valid visa for 10 years, Schengen & UK for 3 years, I'm living in Dubai & have residence valid visa, I'm going to Australia for a business trip where I also have an invitation letter from one of the biggest groups there.

#3 ·
Maybe it's no longer possible under ANY circumstances to get a visitor visa from Palestine and that's why it's not showing in the drop-down box? :(

Reactions: Dinkum
#5 ·
Just make sure you apply for the correct visa then. You will need a business visa not a tourist visa. Since you are living in Dubai you can apply then.

Just remember Australia is a hard place to get a visa. Just because you have a visa from other places does not mean you will get one for here - I have seen people with a US long visitor visa rejected before.

Just present your application as best as you can to show you will leave and it is a genuine business visit.

In regards to Palestine not dropping down on passports maybe they forgot it. Can you always contact the embassy in Dubai and ask them.

Good-luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.