Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hii... any help would be very much appreciated :)

I am currently on my 2nd year working holiday visa which my company are hoping to sponsor me however with the new regulation coming in I am no longer 100% certain that sponsorship will be guaranteed due to not meeting the new work experience requirement.

Soooooo.... basically thinking that I was getting sponsored my parents have booked to come visit me in Australia October 28th which I was then going to pick up a cruise to New Zealand for 2 weeks returning to Sydney. However if sponsorship doesnt' go through my Visa will end on 1st October 2018!!!!

So if in the worst case scenario will I be able to get a Visitor Visa whilst still in oz or am i best leaving the country? Or are both options very risky?

Thank you,

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Immigration do not like the idea of people obtaining de facto residence by applying repeatedly for temporary visas.

Depending on the circumstances, a cruise to NZ does not necessarily mean that you would be deemed to have left Australia.

With an explanation an application for a short further stay might be successful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.