Australia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am in midst of making an Application for Citizenship for myself.

I have few questions as of now.
1) There is a section where we need to provide details of parents. Under that section, there is a question- " Does this parent have the details of the last passport used to enter or depart Australia? "

My parents have never travelled to Australia though they have a valid passport. My question is should I mark the reply as " Yes" or " No ?

2) Under the parents section, there is a question " Other names, dates of birth or gender - Has this parent ever been known by or used any other names, dates of birth or gender? Other names include alternative spellings, patronymic names, maiden names, clan or tribal names. "

My mum has a maiden name as her last name was changed after marriage. Given my this fact, Should I select the reply as " Yes". Would they ask for any supporting documentof mothers name change ?

3) This question pertains to documentation- I have my birth certificate in original but it has a comment on the top as " Duplicate copy issued"
Since it was initially requested when certificate was not available/traceable, they have issued the duplicate copy.
my question is " Is this certificate with this comment ok to to be submitted?

My humble request to kindly assist in seeking clarity for the above questions.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
PR

·
Registered
1 Posts
1) If your parent has never exited or entered Australia, then you would mark "no" as they do not have a passport that meets that requirement.
2) If your mother changed her name when she was married, then you would mark "yes". You would be requested to provide a document that demonstrates her change of name. I believe your parents marriage license would suffice.
3) As long as the copy is certified, it should be accepted. Certification usually comes with a seal of some sort. I used a "certified copy" of my birth certificate without any issue.

Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) If your parent has never exited or entered Australia, then you would mark "no" as they do not have a passport that meets that requirement.
2) If your mother changed her name when she was married, then you would mark "yes". You would be requested to provide a document that demonstrates her change of name. I believe your parents marriage license would suffice.
3) As long as the copy is certified, it should be accepted. Certification usually comes with a seal of some sort. I used a "certified copy" of my birth certificate without any issue.

Good luck!
Thank you very much for your reply

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I had about the same procedure. Apply to the embassy and write a statement, please do not forget the originals and copies of documents. After acceptance put a stamp. It may not be fast, but if there are no problems, it may be the other way around. An article from my blog that can help you understand
You don't apply through an embassy.

You don't need original documents for the application, only when you have the text.

Not sure what you mean by "put a stamp". I know we didn't use any stamps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts