Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have been granted with a BVC because I had a confusion with the expiry date of my previous visa. But I applied for the working rights and I got straight away. So now I have a BVC without work restrictions ( Technically a BVA). I want to visit my father back in Sri Lanka who is sick and I haven't seen him for 4 years. I have applied for the 801/820 visa subclass about and year ago (still no response). Is it possible for me to apply for a BVB and travel? Please help me out. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Hi all,

I have been granted with a BVC because I had a confusion with the expiry date of my previous visa. But I applied for the working rights and I got straight away. So now I have a BVC without work restrictions ( Technically a BVA). I want to visit my father back in Sri Lanka who is sick and I haven't seen him for 4 years. I have applied for the 801/820 visa subclass about and year ago (still no response). Is it possible for me to apply for a BVB and travel? Please help me out. Thanks in advance.
To be granted a BVB you must be a holder of BVA or BVB.

From Immi website:

"Travelling outside Australia while you hold a BVC

A BVC lets you temporarily stay in Australia. It will usually end when you leave Australia.

We recommend that you do not leave Australia until your substantive visa application is decided, because a BVC holder cannot be granted a Bridging visa B (BVB) which allows you to leave and return to Australia.

If you have an urgent need to travel outside Australia, you should contact your case officer to discuss your options.

If you leave Australia and you do not hold another visa that allows you to return, you will have to apply for and be granted a substantive visa before you can return to Australia. There is no guarantee that you would be granted a visa."

·
Premium Member
6,604 Posts
Hi all,

I have been granted with a BVC . Is it possible for me to apply for a BVB and travel? Please help me out. Thanks in advance.
No, it is not and there are no exceptions. If you leave on BVC, you risk being unable to return, as you would need another visa, like a tourist visa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.