Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Im 36 and come from the UK, I arrived in Australia on the 29th of November. I have been in a relationship with an Aussie lady from the 5th of December whom i have known for 12 years and am now living with her up the central coast. On news years day she found out to our surprise that we will be expecting a child on the 17th September. My visa expires on the 29th October. I have no plans what so ever on leaving her to bring up our child on her own. She has lots of family in Australia so her leaving is not an option. We have been looking into visas regarding me staying here and working to provide for them both, But we are really confused as how to go about it???. I read that the 12 month duration needed to apply for the de facto or spouse visa can be waivered if there is a child between us?? Does this child have to be born before I apply??. Im really confused and we are so worried about this situation and do not want to create stress for her. My visa does not state 'no further stay' Can anyone help us?????????? cheers!!:confused:

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Expecting a baby is not the same as already having a child, but with no No Further Stay condition on the visa, at least you can plan ahead a bit on things like:
. perhaps getting married and putting in a partner application in several months time.
. or if you have some particular trade or higher skills, see if there are any employers about looking for employees with your skills and prepared to do an employer sponsorship with you as an interim step to being here long enough to apply for a partner visa.
. alternately, just get your application ready to put in and wait intil the baby is born, the waiver being mentioned @ Partner Visa: Onshore Temporary and Permanent (Subclasses 820 and 801)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.