Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My wife is an Australian citizen by descent but never visited Australia. We are living together in Pakistan. Now, we plan to immigrate so opted for the Partner VISA.

I am filling the online form and on page 13/27, it asks the date of arrival to Australia of my sponsor (my wife in this case). The e-form needs an answer to proceed and it will not accept a future date.

Please suggest remedy.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
If your wife is not 'usually resident' in Australia and in fact has never visited Australia, you have a serious problem. May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about visa strategy?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your wife is not 'usually resident' in Australia and in fact has never visited Australia, you have a serious problem. May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for advice about visa strategy?
Thank you Wrussell for your advice and opinion. I was checking the Partner booklet but it does not mention this condition, for residing in Australia, for an Australian citizen to be a sponsor. It do have it a condition for PR holders and citizens of New Zealand.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
You do have a problem and the Partner Migration Booklet never had all the information in it.

The other poster is a Registered migration Agent and has all the current relevant information and policy.

As a PR holder she needs to be usually a resident of Australia.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.