Australia Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

153 Posts
I'm a US citizen and I cannot leave my job anytime soon but my partner and I are planning to get married. My partner is an Australian citizen.
When we get married, can I automatically process for an Australian permanent residency? If not, what is the process?
And can I be outside Australia while processing for PR?

Thank you!
Yes, you can apply for the permanent residency from overseas. It's called partner visa.
You don't necessarily need to be married, but you will need to provide proof of a genuine and ongoing relationship, including financial, social and household evidence. You can find more information including the cost (over $8k), processing times (can take a few years) and required documents on the official immi website
1 - 1 of 1 Posts