Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on my WHV that is running out in 2 months time and simply don't have enough days (and work opportunities) to reach the golden 88 days for a second year visa, you see I really like this country and want to see more of it.

I have decided to give studying a go to remain in Australia. Prior to coming to Australia, I have completed a degree in business management in an English-speaking country, and worked for a few years in business admin roles (various places around the world). Made the move to Australia with a WHV and now would love to further my studies with an Accounting major. I am looking at a diploma/graduate diploma in Accounting.

My question is if my case would be rejected simply because (1) I have completed a similar course (business management; although one can argue it isn't exactly "Accounting"), and (2) would it be seen as a 'downgrade', since I already hold a Bachelors degree, and a diploma would be a lower degree than it.

The reasons for not doing a Masters or another Bachelors degree is the cost, and I would like an accelerated course to get myself educated in accounting 101 before embarking into a graduate course.

What are my chances of getting that student visa? Would my application be flagged as 'suspicious' and fail the genuine temporary entrant test?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.