Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I noticed that there are a few of us here applying from Malaysia. Maybe we can share/assists members from Malaysia applying for Partner Visa especially.

Now we know that:-

1. Application by Malaysian (applicant) is process in Australia High Commision in KL

2. Requests for medical and police cert within 3 months of application.

3. Police check (Malaysia) must be done online via https://ekonsular.kln.gov.my. Mine was ready for collection within 3 weeks of application

Please feel free to share if you have any other info.

Best of luck for us.

Reactions: ariesle

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yay for this thread, let's keep each other updated!

I'm just putting my timeline here for reference:

20 June 2017 - Lodged Online Application with preloaded Police Checks Malaysia/Australia
7 August 2017 - Bridging Visa B granted for travel through November 2017
26 September 2017 - Bridging Visa B granted for travel through February 2018
12 October 2017 - DIBP requested more information through Australia High Commission in KL
17 October 2017 - Medical check done
PENDING - Police checks for sponsor

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i should put mine too :p

11 June 2017 - Application lodged
9 October 2017 - DIBP requested for more info (Aus High Commision KL,Malaysia)
1 Nov 2017 - Received Sponsor's NFP

Pending my police cert :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just updating, i emailed kl office on monday as i havent received my police cert yet. And today i received an email from kl office asking for it and additional doc (afp) and has to be replied within 14 days. Tthe person whom i thought to be my CO is different from the first email. So,thats not my case officer yet i guess..just admin clerk?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just updating, i emailed kl office on monday as i havent received my police cert yet. And today i received an email from kl office asking for it and additional doc (afp) and has to be replied within 14 days. Tthe person whom i thought to be my CO is different from the first email. So,thats not my case officer yet i guess..just admin clerk?
Hi Hello2017, I think as long as there's someone from the other side replying to us it should mean that our application is progressing so I wouldn't worry about who is replying. :)

I had the same experience as well. Uploaded an official letter requesting a 28-day extension to respond to my sponsor's police checks and received a confirmation of the grant for the extension today from KL office under a different officer.

Hope all is well for you!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got my grant today!!!!!

Submitted my aus police check and got the Grant in less than 2 weeks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats Hello 2017! You must be overjoyed!

Can I know, from which state did you apply?
Im in Queensland. But processing office is in KL . Are u from malaysia as well?

Yeayy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im in Queensland. But processing office is in KL . Are u from malaysia as well?

Yeayy
Yes! I'm from Malaysia too :)
Weird to hear that it's processed in KL.

For Form 40SP (the sponsor form) did you do the paper form then attached it to your application or was there an electronic version of Form 40SP?

Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeayy[/quote]

Yes! I'm from Malaysia too

Weird to hear that it's processed in KL.

For Form 40SP (the sponsor form) did you do the paper form then attached it to your application or was there an electronic version of Form 40SP?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

We did everything online. Both applicant and sponsor. Did u do it by papers?

·
Registered
18 Posts

Congrats!!!

For my case, one week after I submitted my police check and medical check, I received an email asking me to return to Australia for visa grant. Now i'm back to Australia and replied to Immi today with my current location status. So nervous....!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Congrats!!!

For my case, one week after I submitted my police check and medical check, I received an email asking me to return to Australia for visa grant. Now i'm back to Australia and replied to Immi today with my current location status. So nervous....!!!
Yippee.. good news anytime soon. Let us know. When did u apply?

·
Registered
18 Posts
OMG! I just received an email IMMI Grant Notification - Granted for Temporary 820!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think I should share my application/submission timeline here as well :)

Application: Partner Visa 820/801 (status married)

Submission for 820: 5th September 2017
Submission for BVB: 12th October 2017
Granted on BVB: 20th October 2017
DIBP Emailed request for additional information: 26th October 2017 (requested for sponsor's Malaysia police check and my medical check)
Returned to Malaysia: 17th November 2017 (for 2 weeks)
Submission of all requested additional information: 27th November 2017
DIBP Emailed request to enter Australia: 1st December 2017
Returned to Australia: 3rd December 2017
Granted on 820: 4th December 2017

:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think I should share my application/submission timeline here as well

Application: Partner Visa 820/801 (status married)

Submission for 820: 5th September 2017
Submission for BVB: 12th October 2017
Granted on BVB: 20th October 2017
DIBP Emailed request for additional information: 26th October 2017 (requested for sponsor's Malaysia police check and my medical check)
Returned to Malaysia: 17th November 2017 (for 2 weeks)
Submission of all requested additional information: 27th November 2017
DIBP Emailed request to enter Australia: 1st December 2017
Returned to Australia: 3rd December 2017
Granted on 820: 4th December 2017

Oh wowww! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

3 months??!! So ur processing office was also malaysia?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oh wowww! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

3 months??!! So ur processing office was also malaysia?
Yupe, i assume so because in the email came with a letter attachment has a KL address on it.

I think my case is straight forward and could be my evidence was neat and nicely attached. lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi guys, we just received our 820 grant today 6 days after submitted our last document requested by DIBP. We couldn't have been happier!

Like all of you our application was processed through KL office I couldn't commend enough their fast service and professionalism. The officer who's been dealing with me has been prompt with replies and enquiries and really helped with putting us at ease with the progress of our application.

Relationship History
6 September 2014 - Started connecting online
20 December 2014 - Met in person for the first time
19 May 2015 - De facto relationship started (indicated by starting joint account)
10 June 2016 - Moved in together in Perth with joint lease

Application History
20 June 2017 - Lodged Online Application with preloaded Police Checks Malaysia/Australia
12 October 2017 - DIBP requested more information through Australia High Commission in KL
1 November - Submitted signed and scanned paper Form 40SP and AFP Police Check for sponsor and requested extension for sponsor overseas police checks
9 November 2017 - Extension granted until 29 Nov
27 November 2017 - Submitted India police check for sponsor and requested extension for sponsor Singapore police check. Received reply the same day with extension granted until 11 Dec
6 December 2017 - Submitted Singapore police check for sponsor
12 December 2017 - Visa grant!

Small note: Our second bridging visa B ended up not being utilised due to grant. It's a money lost and we jokingly thought we should complain for the unexpected fast turnaround, even though we know we shouldn't!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi guys, we just received our 820 grant today 6 days after submitted our last document requested by DIBP. We couldn't have been happier!

Like all of you our application was processed through KL office I couldn't commend enough their fast service and professionalism. The officer who's been dealing with me has been prompt with replies and enquiries and really helped with putting us at ease with the progress of our application.

Relationship History
6 September 2014 - Started connecting online
20 December 2014 - Met in person for the first time
19 May 2015 - De facto relationship started (indicated by starting joint account)
10 June 2016 - Moved in together in Perth with joint lease

Application History
1 November - Submitted signed and scanned paper Form 40SP and AFP Police Check for sponsor and requested extension for sponsor overseas police checks
9 November 2017 - Extension granted until 29 Nov
27 November 2017 - Submitted India police check for sponsor and requested extension for sponsor Singapore police check. Received reply the same day with extension granted until 11 Dec
6 December 2017 - Submitted Singapore police check for sponsor
12 December 2017 - Visa grant!

Small note: Our second bridging visa B ended up not being utilised due to grant. It's a money lost and we jokingly thought we should complain for the unexpected fast turnaround, even though we know we shouldn't!
Wohooo... Congrats Nabda85.

Yeay to us!!

Next is 801. Hopefully KL is still our processing office.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can I know the email address of Australia High Commision in KL that you have been liaising with?
Thanks

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.