Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI everyone,

I ma new here. I am going to apply for a Spouse visa in 2011, I have been in a de facto relationship with my bf since Jan 2007 but we have started collecting legal evidence in January.

I am thinking about applying for the visa in Canberra.

Is it possible to apply in Canberra even if I am living in Sydney?

:confused:

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Hi squinty,

Where you apply from shouldn't be an issue. In Europe and Africa for example, they often have to apply in another country because there isn't an Embassy or Consulate in their home country, or certain visas aren't processed in their country. As long as you put your Sydeny contact info. clearly in the application forms where asked, they shouldn't bat an eyelid.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
If you have family in Canberra, are you the sponsor or the applicant?
I'd suggest a good read of all the visa information, eligibility and applying for this visa sections in particular, the latter having lodgement details as well as a Checklist of great help.

I suspect the immigration process will occur as it will despite your best endeavours.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I am the applicant and my bf is Australian.

The main reason why I would apply in Canberra instead of Sydney is because I assume that the office there is not as congested as the immi office in Sydney, but it's a very "general" assumption! I will go for a quick search and see if anyone here has been applying in ACT and what was the process like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.