Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I cant seem to find my post to add to but anyway

I have a question for anyone who can give some advice. I applied online for partner visa (i am sponsor) for my partner it says he needs to provide form 1221 additional personal particular form and form 80 personal particulars for character assessment

Now my question is does he need to fill this in? we applied online and have provided basically all the important documents required we are just uploading evidence now for everything e.g photos call logs msgs etc.

Do we need to fill this in and then scan and upload online or how does this work please? and do I (Sponsor) need to do the same for the Form 40sp if i applied online?

Pls help.

thank you!!!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

I have a question for anyone who can give some advice. I applied online for partner visa (i am sponsor) for my partner it says he needs to provide form 1221 additional personal particular form and form 80 personal particulars for character assessment.
Did the department request your partner to submit these forms?

Now my question is does he need to fill this in? we applied online and have provided basically all the important documents required we are just uploading evidence now for everything e.g photos call logs msgs etc.
If you were asked to provide this information from the department then I would comply and submit these forms.

Do we need to fill this in and then scan and upload online or how does this work please? and do I (Sponsor) need to do the same for the Form 40sp if i applied online?
Now, I could be wrong here, but I believe 40sp is apart of the application you filled out online. Again, I could be wrong.

If you are unsure of anything, you should reach out to a RMA and book a consultation.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
47SP is the application the applicant filled out online. 40SP is also available online of the sponsor created an application for sponsorship and put in the TRN number from the applicant's app.

If a CO directly requested those forms, then yes, you supply them.

If you're seeing those forms on the "recommended" upload list on the generic upload page, then don't. Just go by the visa requirements checklist at the immigration website.

You'll find on that checklist that the form 80 is required for the applicant. You can find the pdf at the government's website. You then scan and upload.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts

I have a question for anyone who can give some advice. I applied online for partner visa (i am sponsor) for my partner it says he needs to provide form 1221 additional personal particular form and form 80 personal particulars for character assessment

Pls help.

thank you!!!
Your partner needs to fill in forms 80 and 1221, scan them and add them to the application. It doesn't matter that most of the information has been provided already. These forms go to external agencies for security checks.

If you have done the sponsorship application online, there is no need to do the paper form 40SP as well.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Your partner needs to fill in forms 80 and 1221, scan them and add them to the application. It doesn't matter that most of the information has been provided already. These forms go to external agencies for security checks.

If you have done the sponsorship application online, there is no need to do the paper form 40SP as well.
Hi Nick,

Forms 80 and 1221 are compulsory or are requested by the department? I was under the assumption that they weren't compulsory.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
The form 80 is now listed as a requirement on the website so I'd say so. The 1221 isn't listed though so I wouldn't bother unless specifically requested to do it.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
The form 80 is now listed as a requirement on the website so I'd say so. The 1221 isn't listed though so I wouldn't bother unless specifically requested to do it.
Interesting. I see that on the departments website now, but have read conflicting information. Best to fill it out and get it over with now.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Seeing as the website has been updated recently, that's what I follow. Old threads are no good as they'd be outdated and so is the partner migration booklet.

I was not asked for it at either the 300 or 820 stage but that was about 2 and 1.5 years ago, respectively. Before the update to the website listing it as well. But even then some people had it requested by the CO. It seems everyone has to do it now.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Seeing as the website has been updated recently, that's what I follow. Old threads are no good as they'd be outdated and so is the partner migration booklet.

I was not asked for it at either the 300 or 820 stage but that was about 2 and 1.5 years ago, respectively. Before the update to the website listing it as well. But even then some people had it requested by the CO. It seems everyone has to do it now.
I will still fill it out. We applied for the visa prior to the update, when form 80 wasn't on there. Not sure that it matters.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Ah, makes sense. Welp, almost done filling it in. I'll upload it tonight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.